Ambika Pillai Lipgloss
Hi all the lovely IMBB beauties!
This is my first post on the blog and although I have been following it religiously and regularly (or fairly regularly ;P ) commenting on posts, I’ve never managed to post an article so far. So here goes my first one and I hope you guys like it 😀
I am going to review Ambika Pillai lipgloss today. The shade is called ‘Slide On’ and it’s the current love of my life. I am not a big fan of sticky lip glosses and this one scores on that front being very lightweight and sheer.
My experience with Ambika Pillai Lipgloss
I am a big fan of Ambika Pillai and her products and therefore, when I saw a Woman’s Day discount happening at the Ambika Pillai counter in Select City Walk I picked up quite a few things, this being one of them.
And ladies…I hope you go green at the fact that I picked up this baby at a 50% discount AT INR 420 😀
I am so in love with the pale pinky coral shade! It’s not very sheer but the texture is light and fairly non-sticky which I like. Some pics and swatches of the shade below:
This is how it looks on my lips:
I am wearing Maybelline’s My mahogany beneath the lipgloss.
As you can see it’s pretty sheer and the color is also pastelly (if there is any such word). Surely a shade that would evoke a ‘ Leh yeh toh bada dull sa color hain’ from the Delhi aunties ;P
Anyhoo, summing up the pros and cons:
Pros of Ambika Pillai Lipgloss
1. Pretty pale pink/corally shade and I am a complete sucker for those
2. Suitable for people who like soft subtle nudes and like to go heavy on the eyes
3. Would suit all skin tones IMO – I am NC 35 – 40 (in other words fairly dusky) and it looks pretty decent on me.
4. Lightweight and not very sticky
5. No shimmer (at least that’s a plus for me since I don’t own a single lip product that has shimmer in it)
6. The ingredient list looks fairly harmless
7. I like the faint vanilla fragrance so that’s a definite win for me
8. Moisturizing and glides on the lips like a dream
Cons of Ambika Pillai Lipgloss
1. Since it’s lightweight and not sticky its lasting power leaves much to be desired, 2-3 hrs max without eating or drinking
2. In case you are into shimmery or bright vibrant lippies, this won’t be to your liking as it’s a very subtle shade
3. May wash out people with skintone darker than NC 40 IMO but I still think paired with heavy smoky eyes this would look great and classy
4. Availability in India – I don’t know why they don’t sell online – as if non-availability of phoren brands wasn’t enough, these desi brands also don’t provide online shopping options
5. Although I picked it up at a 50% discount (at INR 420) I don’t think INR 840 for this gloss is justified, as there are cheaper dupes available.
Anyway, to sum it up, I quite like this shade and I think I am going to repurchase it once I run out.
So here ends my review and I am going to review and swatch the other products I picked up from AP recently.
I hope you guys like the post and find it useful. Would love to hear your thoughts on my very first post on IMBB 🙂
Ambika Pillai Hard Candy Nail Polish
Ambika Pillai Liquid Eyeliner
Ambika Pillai Lite Lipstick Lure, Flame
Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss Day Dream
Ambika Pillai Lite Mascara
Ambika Pillai Lite Lipgloss Yum Yum
24 thoughts on “Ambika Pillai Lipgloss: Slide On”
Leh yeh toh bada dull sa color hain :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Nice Review Aarbee :yahoo:
Thanks! Haha, yeah that’s very typical of Delhi aunties…anything that’s not fuchsia or orange or red is dull 😀
m always into nude colors for glosses… i like it. :snicker:
:yes: for the review 🙂
Thanks Ragini :toothygrin:
gorgeous color.. :love: :love: i am looking for such peachy shade i vain .. 😥 nice review… :yes: :yes:
Oh no Raji, search no more, pick up this beauty and pair it with a peachy lippie like Revlon Colorburst’s Peach or the Loreal one…thanks for liking the review :toothygrin:
Nice review and nice shade arbee. :woot: i am also totally in love for coral, pink and peach lip glosses.. :toothygrin: :toothygrin:
Thanks Niesha! I like your name 🙂
Looks nice :yes: :yes:
Thanks Kaps 🙂
Nice review Aarbee :yes:
Thank you Supriya :toothygrin:
nice nice nice post and nicer color and we wait for more posts from you.. :yes: :yes:
Hey thanks Surabhi! Loads of stuff waiting to be reviewed only if I can find the time to write them 😐
In between shopping and working to earn more money to shop more I hardly get the time to blog :scream:
But now that I’ve crossed the block of writing the first post, I’ll try to post the reviews soon :toothygrin:
the hand swatch looks lovely ..I like it. :)) nice review
Thanks Sukanya :toothygrin:
Nicely reviewed Aarbee! 🙂
I like the shade!
Thanks Nafisa! glad you liked it 🙂
i liked the shade Aarbee. :victory2:
Thanks Jyo! Me in love with it :toothygrin:
Nice review..loved the shade :))
Thanks Mithu :toothygrin: