Hey all, my first post on IMBB and what better than to start with my experience with Mickey Contractor ….
A year back I would have never know an event like this happening or would not have been interested……post IMBB, my outlook towards makeup and the way to use it has much changed and for better….
Jomol has threatened that she is going to write nasty comments…so let me not preen more :smug:
My main aim to visit the store was just to see how Mickey Contractor, the artist worked. It was amazing seeing him like a painter painting on the face (canvas) in rati’s video and I was like a school kid wanting to know more. I stood there for almost 1 – 1.5 hrs just watching him use various products for various needs of the women who came there and listening to his small talks and learning’s from his talk.
He is extremely friendly, makes people very comfortable and listens..!!!
Few things that I could remember from his talks :
- Dont keep buying products, learn to mix and match – Rati already mentioned that !!! –
- He used Mehr as lipstick and as an eyeshadow – came out beautifully.
- HE also used fluidline as both for tight-lining eye and for smudging it for smokey eyes
- Yash was also used as a base – which am sure everyone knows by now !!! 🙂
- Duo Concealer though his favourite product is not something he feels can be used by everyone, you need the art of mix and match to come up with something that is perfect for your skin. So if you are just starting makeup, start with normal concealers since they don’t need any work.
- Don’t forget to put some brown eyeshadow on lower lash line to open your eyes post concealer…
Curiosity killed me and SA also pushed me to get my makeup done with Mickey Contractor so there I was sitting in front of him. :yahoo:
My requirement was to tone down the pigmentation and if not completely cover the dark undereyes- atleast make the skin more even – for everyday use !!!
Face – I have extreme dry skin, so he started by moisturising my face and eyes and then covered the dark undereyes with duo concealer – starting with orange on my skin (to tone down the darkness) and added the yellow tone to make it even and blend.
The same was done around mouth and chin to make it even toned. Hebrushed a bit of loose powder to set it and then used MAC pressed Studio fix powder for final touch !
A bit of Sur blush just to conture and tada…I was done !!!
Eyes – Wanted to try how smokey eyes would look on me. So he used blacktrack fluidline and bit of MAC carbon for that little effect.
Lips – Lined it and filled it with plum lip pencil (to cover the pigmentation) and then used Mehr with a bit of Lust.
I feel very fortunate and happy to have got this opportunity and thanks IMBB and all friends for that !!!