By Jyoti Dubey
Someone absolutely said it right, that you are what you eat. Whatever you put inside your body will reflect on your skin and body. No matter how many anti-ageing products you slather on your face, if you are not eating the right food, you will still see the signs of ageing. Let’s find out about some amazing foods that will help you in getting younger-looking skin and will also make you glow from within:
1. Turmeric: The nutrient curcumin present in turmeric is a very powerful anti-oxidant which helps in fighting free radicals that damage cells and thus prevent signs of ageing from showing up.
2. Papaya: Research has shown that the antioxidant beta-carotene which is abundantly found in papaya helps to fight wrinkles by providing protection against the damaging rays of the sun. Also, when applied on the skin, it nourishes the skin and brightens skin tone. Papaya face mask is a boon for women with dry skin. Moreover, consuming papaya also reduces the risk of cancer.
3. Nuts: Nuts are packed with nutrients. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and vitamin E, C and B group vitamins which help in keeping the skin young and glowing. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios are some of the options that you can opt for.
4. Blueberries: Blueberry is rich in antioxidants (flavonoids), dietary fibre, Vitamin C and K. As they are rich in anti-oxidants, it helps in fighting the free radicals and thus in turn reducing the DNA damage. As a result, your skin remains youthful and healthy.
5. Spinach: Spinach is loaded with iron, vitamin A, potassium, etc. All these nutrients help to boost skin’s natural defence against the harmful radiations of the sun that causes premature ageing.
6. Tomatoes: Tomato has a powerful antioxidant called lycopene which neutralises free radicals. Studies have shown that tomatoes help in boosting the level of procollagen and helps in reversing the signs of ageing.
7. Broccoli: It is packed with nutrients and antioxidants. Broccoli helps to prevent fine lines, wrinkles as it is rich in vitamin K, zinc, copper etc.
8. Pomegranate: It helps to delay signs of ageing because of the immense amount of ellagic acid present in it which reduces collagen breakdown.
9. Avocado: Avocado is packed with oleic acid, which is a healthy fat that helps to nourish the skin and helps in delaying the first signs of aging.
10.Green Tea: It is rich in catechins and EGCG which are powerful antioxidants that help to slow down the ageing process.
11. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate has numerous benefits, and one of those benefits is that it preserves your youthful skin. It has a lot of antioxidants, fibre, potassium, zinc etc. So ladies, ditch your milk chocolates and go for this nutrient loaded dark chocolate if you want to stay youthful.
12. Carrot: The vitamin C present in carrots help to boost collagen production and thus maintain skin’s elasticity and suppleness.
13. Pineapple: It is one of the best sources of anti-oxidants, along with that, it also has vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and alpha-hydroxy acids, which helps in fighting the skin-damaging free radicals.
14. Sweet Potato: Studies have shown that people who consumed sweet potato had reduced their wrinkles by 11 percent due to the presence of beta carotene and various vitamins in it.
15. Watermelon: It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and it’s high water content hydrates the skin and also helps in slowing down the ageing process.