Anti Cellulite Treatments
If you are looking for some good and effective anti cellulite treatments, let me tell you that there are hundreds of treatments available now-a-days. While some are very costly, others can be quite affordable. It is up to you to choose wisely as it suits your budget and needs. Results, however, tend to vary. So, it is advised that you try not to have a rigid pre-conceived notion as far as these treatments are concerned.
Medically Approved Anti-Cellulite Treatments:
• Lipodissolve: This treatment is known by a variety of names like lipojection, flab-jab and lipo-therapy. It is a non-invasive treatment in which the concerned professional injects medications (a combination of chemicals) directly into the fat deposits. Localized fat is dissolved and removed with the aid of these medications.
• Mesotherapy: This also is non-invasive in nature. The cosmetic treatment is quite akin to lipo-therapy. It concentrates mainly on the fat-deposits near the skin surface. Pharmaceuticals, vitamins, homeopathy agents and natural extracts are injected into the skin for eliminating cellulite. Mesotherapy is costly but the prices often depend upon the area of treatment, the doctor and the number of sessions required.
• Liposuction: This is also known as lipoplasty and is an invasive anti-cellulite treatment. It is a cosmetic surgery that helps to do away with cellulite from deep layers of fat deposits. However, liposuction might result in appearance of loose skin and scarring. It is expensive too!
• Liposculpture: This is a kind of liposuction. The techniques used here are more refined than normal liposuction. It is very effective and is permanent in nature. Moreover, appearance of cellulite is also reduced.
Anti-Cellulite Treatments at Spa:
• Laser Treatments: Massage sessions are combined with infrared and heat treatments to reduce cellulite. The effectiveness of the treatment is, however, doubtful.
• Acoustic Wave Therapy: Cellulite is reduced with the help of pressure waves. It is also known to tighten your skin and tone it up. The target areas for cellulite reduction by this method are thighs, arms, buttocks, abdomen and waist (love handles). You might need up to ten or twelve sessions before you can see any marked difference.
• Endermologie: It is one of the most well-known spa-based anti-cellulite treatments. It is effective in reducing cellulite. The cellulite reduction, however, is not permanent.
Anti-Cellulite Treatments At Home (Topical Solutions):
• Anti-cellulite Creams: It is a very common option availed by many. You have anti-cellulite ointments, oils, gels and creams available in the market. These creams, containing special vitamins and herbs, are applied directly on the area of cellulite and rubbed with gentle strokes. Certain well-known creams also contain AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) for fat burning and reducing cell adhesion. You need to purchase the creams and ointments as per your requirements and use them by following the instructions given.
• Anti-cellulite Massagers: These products (generally available as wands and brushes) aim at improving blood circulation for reducing the appearance of the much dreaded cellulite. The fatty tissues and lumps are made smooth by improved circulation. However, when you use it at home, make sure that you do not end up damaging blood vessels and capillaries by over-massaging.
• Anti-cellulite Pants: The pants are shaped like girdles. Though these pants help to tighten your skin, they do not really burn away cellulite!
• Anti-cellulite Supplements: There are a variety of anti-cellulite supplements to be found in the market. These supplements can be effective when combined with other treatments and dietary as well as lifestyle changes. Some of these supplements constitute calcium and Vitamin E.
Changes in Diet as an Anti-Cellulite Treatment:
Eating an anti-cellulite diet is a perfect way to start combating cellulite. The diet, in isolation, may not be effective. However, if you can club it with various treatments, it is going to be extremely helpful. Include low fat food items and simple fibers in your meals. Eat fruits and vegetables like oranges, watermelons, papaya, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, blueberries, carrots, onions and cherries. Have pulses, organic food items, lean meat, white fish and plenty of water. Drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol, salted peanuts, processed food, red meat, butter, coffee and sugar in the form of cakes, pastries, cookies and chocolates. Maintaining proper diet boosts your chances to lose cellulite.
Cellulite and Women
4 Exercises to Reduce Thigh Fat
Exercises for Reducing Cellulite
How to Treat Cellulite at Home
VLCC Shape Up Anti Cellulite Gel
Fats : The Good and Bad of Fat
How to Get Rid of Abdominal Fat
25 thoughts on “Anti Cellulite Treatments”
I always look forward to your articles Somreeta! Informative as always! Cheers! :cheers:
Thanks so much Sukanya :yahoo: :yahoo: dat was sooooooooooooo encouraging :high5:
you know squats and walking tip-toed at intervals REALLY helps diminishing cellulite…. and tone your thighs and calf…
Ya..they do Ramya 🙂 the exercises for cellulite reduction have already been discussed in IMBB by Era.. https://makeupandbeauty.com/exercises-reducing-cellulite/
so, i tried to focus on the various treatments in my article 🙂
Somreeta….good article….. :waytogo:
Hi Jomol :thanks: :thanks:
Nice article Somreeta! I’ve heard daily dry brushing technique using an anti-cellulite massager is quite effective. Oriflame has one such massager in their product range.
:thanks: Ya Ankita…Oriflame has a range of products for cellulite reduction 🙂
nice article…have u personally tried anti cellulite creams? are there any side effects whtsoevr?
Hi Shreya..i have not tried any such product because thankfully, i dont think i need them at the moment 🙂 ya…there are side effects like rashes, irritations etc. in certain cases. so, its better to ask for medical supervision b4 u use any…and better to choose creams with natural ingredients 🙂
not worth buying any anti cellulite cream :waaa: i bght ( branded one ) but a waste :yuck:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
dats bad Shruti 🙁 in any case…the concept of cellulite creams is flawed!!
very informative…………. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Wat homoeopathic agents r injected in body, which u have described under mesotherapy?
Hi Dr. Priyanka! basically there are various combination of medicines that r injected int he body…some of the ingredients being Yohimbine, Melilotus, Phosphatidylcholine, Minoxidil, Dutasteride, Pentoxifylline,Hyaluronidase and numerous others! 🙂
the creams dont work.good diet,regular exerciz ,small meals and lots of water.i am 52 right now and have never been above 54 all my life.i try to eat fruits 😉
cool FG 🙂 i too believe in dat a lottttttt!! im 57 kgs, my height being 5’6” 🙂
Being not very computer savy, am nt aware dat hw ds SAD logo has come in right side
dont wry….mine too was such a baaddd avataar! i too changed it from gravatar 🙂
Hi Dr Priyanka,
Welcome to IMBB. 🙂 These pics are automatically generated. you may change it at gravatar.com Just register there and upload your pic. It would show here. 🙂
Thank u 🙂 Vl try 2 do it shortly…
Sorry 4 being so late on commenting.. I asked u this as myself being a homeopath, I was wondering that how homeopathic medicines can be injected.
All u mentioned were various chemicals, but none of this is a homeopathic medicine O:)