How are you doing? I am so glad with the Election results in Delhi. I feel as if someone from my own family has won with the majority. I am sure you are also equally glad with the grand victory of a Common Man.
I am back with another DIY for all the ladies. According to me, these easy and beneficial Home-made recipes are an essential part of our life. No matter how many organic and herbal products are available in the market, there are always some homemade face packs or masks on which we rely more than those ready-made products available in the market.
Today’s DIY is the solution to the of the most common yet the most irritating hair problem which I am sure everyone faces at least once in his/her lifetime and that is dandruff. I always face this problem during winters and waste half the winters in scratching my head. But thanks to my mother and her mother (my granny); I have found an easy solution to this problem.
The best part is that this oil has double benefit. It not only helps in removing dandruff from the scalp but it also helps in killing lice. Few months back, I stayed at my cousin’s place for a week and I don’t know how I got these blood-sucking parasites in my head. It killed all the monsters within 2-3 weeks.
So, without wasting any more time, I am quickly going to tell you the ingredients which are required in preparing this magic potion and its procedure.
1. 2-3 pieces of Vasambu
2. 2 table spoon of Dry Neem Seeds
3. 100 ml Sesame Oil
Step 1: Grind few pieces of Vasambu and Dry Neem Seeds in a grinder for a few minutes.
Step 2:Pour the oil in a pan and put it on low flame.
Step 3:Add the ground mixture in the oil and let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
Step 4:Remove the pan from flame and store the contents in a jar once they cool down.
Step 5:Apply and gently massage this oil on the scalp before 3 hours of washing the hair.
Benefits of the ingredients used:
1. Vasambu: It works as an excellent anti-lice treatment. It effectively kills the lice without effecting the scalp or hair. Its regular usage helps in removing dandruff from the scalp and promotes hair growth.
2. Neem Seeds: Neem is not only beneficial for treating our skin-related problems but it also helps in treating scalp-related problems. It contains anti-bacterial properties, which help in curing any scalp-related infection.
3. Sesame Oil: It works as a wonder for our hair and scalp. It promotes hair growth, treats premature hair greying and damaged hair, reduces dryness and frzziness and imparts shine in the hair. Its usage also helps in fighting with dandruff and lice.
I am using this oil for the past 3-4 months, almost from the beginning of the winters. I am glad that it has actually killed all my lice and also reduced my dandruff problem to an extent. It also made my hair more manageable and healthy after every wash.
Some points to remember:
1. In case you could not find Vasambu, you can replace it with camphor. Grind the camphor before mixing it with oil.
2. In case you could find dry Neem seeds, you can replace it with dry Neem leaves. Just make sure that the leaves are properly dry before use.
3. In case you don’t have sesame oil, you can replace it with other available oils, like coconut, olive or almond.
I hope you will like this oil and it will show the same results on you too. If you are looking for some permanent and chemical-free solution for dandruff and lice, then it’s a must-try.
Treat Itchy Scalp With Home Remedies And Tips
Make Your Own Nourishing Hair Oil At Home – Do It Yourself
DIY Homemade Natural Shampoo for Hair
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
20 Best Homemade Hair Packs
Homemade Hair Packs for Dry Damaged Hair
7 Homemade Remedies for Hair Split Ends
Homemade Coffee and Honey Hair Serum
Hair Care : Do It Yourself Hair Protein Pack
Onion Hair Treatment For Problematic Scalp and Hair
5 Awesome DIY Hair Care Tips
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo review
Himalaya Herbals Anti Dandruff Shampoo Review