We all know how potent and beneficial aloe vera is as a natural skincare ingredient. There are many ways in which we can effectively use aloe vera to treat a range of skincare concerns—such as dry and dehydrated skin, dull and lifeless skin, sunburn, acne and pimples, blemishes, scars and stretch marks. Aloe vera can be used by applying the gel contained within the leaf directly onto the affected area of the skin, or by mixing it with other ingredients like turmeric powder, coconut oil and cucumber paste and using it as a mix.
Let’s first take a look at the many benefits of using aloe vera on your skin:
- It moisturizes the skin deeply.
- It improves elasticity of the skin.
- It boosts collagen production and cell regeneration.
- It gives you youthful, supple and radiant skin.
- It clears up acne scars, age spots and blemishes.
- Treats acne and pimples.
- Treats sunburn, razor burns, cuts and insect bites.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks and scars.
- Cooling, soothing and healing properties.
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rich in antioxidants and polysaccharides.
Applying aloe vera on your skin every night before going to bed can do wonders for your skin. If you want youthful, radiant, soft, supple and crystal clear skin, then all you need in your skincare arsenal is some fresh aloe vera.
Here’s how you can start using aloe vera as part of your nightly skincare routine:
1. Start off by cleansing your face gently. For this purpose, you can use some cold raw milk on a cotton pad and gently sweep away the dirt, grime and dead cells without stripping your skin of any moisture.
2. Once your skin is dry, take some cool rose water on another cotton pad and gently swipe it across your face. This will soothe your skin and get rid of any residue products on the skin.
Extract some gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf and transfer it into a bowl. Store this bowl in the fridge until the gel cools.
3. Once the gel has cooled, take it out of the fridge and pop open two capsules of vitamin E. Add the Vitamin E into the bowl of aloe vera gel and mix the ingredients together until they form a smooth paste.
4. To this mixture, you can add a few drops of almond oil (if you have dry skin) or tea tree oil (if you have oily and/or acne prone skin). Mix the ingredients well.
5. Now, apply this aloe vera mixture onto your face in gentle, upward strokes until your skin has absorbed it completely. Make sure that you are gently massaging your face as you do so.
If you like, you can follow this up with your regular night cream and go to bed. In the morning, rinse your face with cool water.
Follow this routine for a couple of weeks to see the difference.
The key is to use this simple concoction of aloe vera gel as an overnight hydrating face mask. The regular application of aloe vera gel in this manner will guarantee you youthful, rejuvenated and absolutely clear and healthy skin. The aloe vera will deeply hydrate your skin, making it incredibly soft and supple, while its antimicrobial agents will fight acne and other skin infections. The antioxidants in the aloe vera will keep your skin looking healthy, radiant, soft and supple.
How To Fix All Your Skin Problems with Aloe Vera in 7 Ways
How To Use Aloe Vera Gel For Weight Loss
Lakme 9 to 5 Naturale Aloe Aqua Gel
5 Amazing Overnight Beauty Hacks with Aloe Vera
Best Aloe Vera Gels Available in India
Everyuth Rejuvenating Cucumber and Aloe Vera Face Pack
Forest Essentials Aloe Vera Juice
7 Amazing Homemade Skin Whitening/Lightening Night Creams
Skin Repairing Night Cream for All Skin Types