WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am so obsessed with eye makeup nowadays that I keep trying my hands on different looks. While creating different eye makeup looks, one idea struck my mind. Can I still apply eye shadow without this brush? As a kid, I have seen a beautician who came to do makeup for my aunt on her wedding. She did all the makeup with just her hands, no brushes were used. So, I tried my hands at applying full makeup with just hands and I was able to do it well. So today, I am telling you how to apply eyeshadow (smokey eye look) with just fingers without using brushes. This trick will come really handy when you are travelling, when you have packed your favourite eyeshadow palette but forgot to keep the brushes. Let’s get started then:
1. Conceal the area around your eyes, to even tone the skin.
2. Apply primer on your eyelid and mix it with your ring finger.
3. Now, take a 2-3 inch long cello tape, dab the sticky side once/twice on your hand to reduce the glue. Now, stick it near your outer V of the eye as shown in picture. Dabbing of the tape makes sure it does not spoil your face makeup with its excess glue.
4. On your ring finger, take the medium color shadow, I am using taupe brown shadow and pat it all over your eyelid till the cello tape. Blend any harsh line with the same finger.
5. After step 4, the final look should be as shown in picture 5.
6. On your pinkie finger, take the darker shadow, I am using a glittery black shadow here and apply in on the outer 1/4 of your eyelid. Start from the cello tape and work inward.
7. Repeat step 6 until you get your desired darkness, finally it should look like what is shown in picture 7.
8. Now, take a light shimmery highlighter color on your pinkie finger, I am using pearl shadow and apply it on the inner V of eye and blend it with the lid color with same finger.
9. On the pinkie finger, again take the color used all over the lid; in my case, the taupe brawn eye shadow and apply on lower lash line.
10. Again, take the dark shadow, in my case the black shadow on the pinkie finger and apply it on 1/4 of lower lash line.
11. Line your eyes with liquid or gel eyeliner. I winged it as I like it this way and the presence of cello tape provides some guideline too.
12. Apply kohl on waterline and tightline your upper lash line.
13. Now, remove the cello tape and voila, your finished look will look like this. Without using a single brush, you have achieved neat and sharp eye shadow line and a lovely smokey eye makeup.
14. With pinkie finger, soften any harsh lines. Curl your eyelashes and apply your favourite mascara. That’s all, this is the final look.
I hope you all liked it and will give it a try. I find using my fingers for applying eye shadow very easy and if you are thinking, when you forgot to pack brushes, then how you will get a cello tape; I feel you can get it in any household. I am sure your host or hotel must be having a cello tape with them, but finding eye shadow brushes, I don’t think so 😀
PS: There is no need to clean fingers after each step, but use a tissue in case you wish to.
Dark Blue Smokey Eye Makeup
Shimmery Grey Black Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Silver Plum Eye Makeup Tutorial
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy Office Eye MakeUp Tutorial
Silver Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye makeup tutorial using MAC Siahi Fluidline
Golden Black Eye Makeup Tutorial
Easy 3-minute Neutral Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup: Soft Smokey Eyes- Makeup Tutorial
Blue Pink Eye Makeup Tutorial
Eye Makeup Tutorial : Golden Bronze
Diwali Makeup Tutorial – Glitterly Golden Blue Eyes
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eye Makeup Tutorial
Pretty Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Soft Green Eye Makeup Tutorial