Arish Anti-Dandruff Shampoo Review
I came across Arish Anti-Dandruff Shampoo about six months back. I was suffering from an acute dandruff problem. I thought of trying out this particular shampoo and I have been using the shampoo all these days. A product manufactured by Anupama Ayurvedic Drug Co., which is a GMP certified company that operates from Kolkata, Arish Anti-Dandruff Shampoo is an ‘Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine’.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
List of ingredients: The shampoo contains aqueous extracts of neem (azadirachta indica), amloki or amla (emblica officinalis), tulsi (ocimum sanctum), methi (trigonella foenum graecum), sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium chloride, ethylene glycol mono stearate, sodium benzoate, cetrimide, rosemary oil, green colour and purified water.
Here is what I have been able to find out about the benefits of the ingredients in the context of dandruff and hair-care:
• Neem: It is known to be endowed with antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to help combat dandruff and itchy scalp. It controls excess oil secretion and thus, keeps the scalp clean.
• Amla: Amla has countless health and beauty benefits. It is known to nourish hair naturally and cure dandruff.
• Tulsi: It is highly effective in controlling dandruff and it strengthens hair roots.
• Methi: In general, methi has a wide range of application in hair care products because it is efficient in removing dandruff.
• Sodium lauryl sulphate: It is one of the most abundantly used components when it comes to anti-dandruff shampoo. It is a potent remedy against dandruff but can be harmful to the hair in the long run.
• Sodium chloride: It is better known as ‘table salt’. It is used in shampoos as it is helpful in adjusting the viscosity and it makes sure that the shampoo rinses out in a better way.
• Ethylenee glycol mono stearate: It is an emulsifier that is used in shampoos to give a translucent and pearly effect.
• Sodium benzoate: It is a preservative which is often used in shampoos and helps to kill fungi, yeasts and bacteria; therefore, it helps to control dandruff caused by fungi.
• Cetrimide: It has detergent properties and acts as antiseptic agents. It helps to deal with scalp psoriasis and seborrhea.
• Rosemary oil: Rosemary oil is a boon for hair. It arrests hair loss, aids hair growth and re-growth, imparts luster and treats dandruff efficiently.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Directions for use: It has to be applied thoroughly on wet hair and scalp after shaking the contents in the bottle. Then, it should be rinsed thoroughly. It is meant for external use only. However, for best results, its use needs to be combined with Arish Anti-dandruff Solution and Arish Wooden Comb.
Indications: As claimed by the product, it removes all kinds of dandruff and fungus. It makes scalp clean and is very effective for oil control.
My Experiences With Arish Anti-Dandruff Shampoo: When I used this green-colored shampoo for the first time, it did not lather well. I massaged it in my scalp and hair and found that I had to keep adding more and more amount of shampoo. When I used it the second time and then the third time, I thought the shampoo would not last for even seven days. So, while experimenting with it so that I could make it last longer, I found that the more water I added to it, the more lather it produced. So, water needs to be added abundantly to get the lather. I use it regularly and it has been effective in dealing with excessive oil on my scalp. I use it in combination with Arish Anti-Dandruff solution and the wooden comb. It keeps my scalp clean and has reduced the problem of dandruff to a good extent. The smell is much better than most of the herbal shampoos that I have used.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
Price: Rs 155 for 100ml.
What I like about this shampoo (pros):
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
• It helps to control oil secretion in the scalp and is extremely good for oily hair types.
• Regular use reduces dandruff remarkably.
• The bottle is sealed tightly and you need to tear it open before use.
• Contains natural ingredients like aqueous extracts of neem, rosemary oil, methi and tulsi.
• Available at an affordable range.
• The cap is tight and therefore, the bottle is fairly travel-friendly.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
What I do not like about this shampoo (cons):
• The packaging is not so good. It could have been much better.
• It contains SLS.
• It needs to be combined with Arish Anti-Dandruff solution and the wooden comb to reap the best benefits; this can be a bit expensive in the long run.
• Quite a good amount of shampoo is needed every time it is used; so a 100ml bottle does not last very long.
• It needs to be used almost daily to remove dandruff satisfactorily and this can be really hectic.
Would I buy it again or recommend it? Yes; anybody with an oily scalp and dandruff problems should give it a try.
Nizoral Shampoo Review – Bye Bye Dandruff
Arish Anti Dandruff Solution
Hair Dandruff: Home Remedies and Treatment
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Himalaya Anti Dandruff Hair Cream
Daily Beauty Tips : Dandruff
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne