Aromatherapy facials are known to soothe your skin and relax your mind. That is why, women, who are busier than ever before are taking to aromatherapy facials as a means to pamper their skin and unwind themselves thoroughly. Want to know more about aromatherapy facials? Read on to know all you need to know about them in this article, which is a product of thorough research.
How To Get an Aromatherapy Facial?
It is important that you get your skin analyzed by an expert esthetician. Different skin types have different needs and it is important that you are guided in the best possible way in this matter. After that, your aromatherapy facial session starts and the possible steps include facial steaming, facial exfoliation, facial massage and application of an aromatherapy facial mask.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Facial:
Aromatherapy facials include a lavish and thorough use of essential oils. Thus, depending upon the kind of essential oils used during the aromatherapy facial session you go for, you would benefit accordingly. The facials help in inducing relaxation by relieving you of stress. It is pleasing to your senses and at the same time, takes care of beauty problems like acnes, pimples and rashes. Essential oils are filled with soothing properties and consequently, help in soothing your skin. Your skin gets moisturized and pampered in the right way possible because the facials involve the use of the right blend of essential oils. As a result, your skin glows with health and you get a clear complexion. Your face looks radiant and fresh. Most of the well-known spas offer you exotic packages of aromatherapy facials. Do your research and go for the spa of your choice to get the best experience.
How To Do Aromatherapy Facial At Home?
First of all, arrange everything you would need to do such a facial. Get the necessary ingredients ready and of course, keep your favorite aromatherapy oils all set and do make sure that you know how to use essential oils safely. Here is a list which roughly states the kind of essential oils you should use depending upon your skin type:
- Dry Skin- ylang ylang, jasmine, patchouli, chamomile, sandalwood, rose.
- Oily Skin- tea tree, geranium, orange, lemon, juniper, grapefruit, cypress, eucalyptus, lemongrass, bergamot.
- Normal skin/Combination skin- geranium, chamomile, lavender, orange, ylang ylang petitgrain, palmarosa.
- Sensitive Skin- rose, chamomile, neroli, lavender, jasmine, mandarin.
- Mature Skin- sandalwood, neroli, frankincense,palmarosa, rose, vetiver.
Now, follow the following steps:
- Mix aloe vera gel with a few drops of olive oil. Now, add some drops of tea tree oil in it. Mix by whisking the ingredients thoroughly. Use it for washing your face.
- Prepare a solution by adding a few drops of essential oils blend (as suitable for your skin type) to boiling water. Steam your face in it.
- Take a moisturizing cream which suits you and add some drops of essential oils. You may use chamomile, lavender, rose, tea tree or anything that you find suitable. Massage your face thoroughly. Once it is done, wipe off your face with a wet wash cloth.
- Make a face mask to treat your skin with the goodness of natural ingredients. Use honey, yoghurt, almond paste, milk, sandalwood powder, aloe vera and if you are creative enough, the list actually goes on. Make sure the mask takes care of your skin needs. Now, add a few drops of essential oil in the mask and apply it on the face. While you allow the mask to dry, treat your eye with an aromatherapy compress. Add a drop of chamomile oil to cold water. Dip cotton balls in the solution and place it on your eyes. Let your skin soak in the goodness of everything that you have included while you relax. Clean it once the mask is dry.
- Follow up with an aromatherapy face toner. Use a toner by adding drop of geranium essential oil and a drop of chamomile essential oil to 100 ml rose water if you have normal to dry. A toner made by adding six drops of lavender oil, four drops of tea tree oil and three drops of sandalwood oil to 50 ml of distilled water would be great for oily skin.
- You would love your homemade aromatherapy facial session all the more if you could create a perfect ambience at home with dim lights, scented candles and a soothing music while you go for this facial.
P.S. This is a research article. Essential oils should be used carefully and preferably under expert advice.
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Stress Relief Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Sleep Body Lotion – Lavender Vanilla
Crabtree and Evelyn Aromatherapy Distillations Floral Body Smoother
Botanical Aromatherapy Face Mask Geranium
Aromatherapy Relaxing Foot Massage
The world of Aromatherapy in a nut shell
All About Pearl Facial
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
VLCC Pearl Facial Kit
How To Do Salon Type Facial At Home
Biotique Natural Miracles For Age Control Facial Kit
Shahnaz Husain 24 Carat Gold Facial Kit
Garnier Light 3 in 1 Fairness Facial
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
L’Oreal Paris Pearl Perfect Facial Foam
Forest Essentials Tejasvi Facial Ubtan