By Grace Devaraj
It’s terribly hot here in Chennai and my combination skin often gets super oily and greasy. So, I included a mud mask in my skin care regimen. It is Avani Mineral Therapy Mud Mask and the story behind this mask is different. I didn’t buy this mask after too much consideration. I had just picked it up randomly. Let’s see how this one fared!
This nutrient & mineral rich Dead Sea Mud mask contains active ingredients that condition & firm your skin while the gentle but effective natural cleansing properties will purify your skin leaving it radiant & refreshed.
About Avani Dead Sea Cosmetics:
AVANI is a line of Dead Sea products manufactured & developed by Dead Sea America Inc. All of our Dead Sea products are 100% made in Israel. The Dead Sea America Inc. is specializing in the manufacture & distribution of innovative & advanced skin-care cosmetic products formulated from the unique salts, mud & minerals of the Dead Sea, it is the policy of Dead Sea America Inc. to supply cosmetic products that are of the highest possible quality, made with choice natural ingredients specifically chosen for their environmentally friendly properties. None of the products offered are tested on animals.
Direction of Use:
Apply generously to entire body. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Silt (Dead Sea Mud), 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1 3 diol, DMDM Hydantoin.
INR 1999 (Huge online discount available) for 500 grams.
My Experience with Avani Mineral Therapy Mud Mask:
I purchased this mud mask with no idea, but later I fell in love with this one. When I opened the pack for the first time, I really hated the look and smell. A thick mud deposited in dark grey colored muddy water. No worries, this is just mud! In instructions they have mentioned that it needs to be used on the body. Wondering why I use it on the face then?
The consistency of the mask is very thick and it cannot be applied on dry skin easily. So, every time I cleanse my face and body, I dilute it and apply it to damp skin. The mask is a little rough in texture on its own so it can act as a mild scrub too. The smell is not too overpowering and I have started liking it. So, let me tell one by one why I love this mask!
1. In winters, my skin gets really dry and patchy. But, you cannot say that by looking at my skin in summers. I cannot explain how much I hate summers because nothing can control this oily face and I avoid using makeup products most days. Actually, this is not a face mask, but I love the way how my face looks after using this.
Started with a slight tingling sensation, the mask works to close the pores and brighten up the face instantly. I just can’t get enough of it. It never dried out my facial skin and soaks all the oil from the face, yet leaves it moisturized. Sometimes, it dries out my occasional acne too.
2. As a body mask, it goes on really well and feels really refreshing especially in summer. I must say that it is the best alternative to spa treatment at home. It really relaxes my body and calms down my senses. The mask doesn’t dry off my skin completely and it gives a good, moisturizing feel. It sucks the excess oil from the surface and gives a clean, radiant and refreshed skin. I love love love this mask.
3. It rejuvenates and makes my skin really soft, firm and bright. It cleanses my skin really well and makes it feel amazing. Who doesn’t love a fresh, radiant face and body?
4. Unbeatable results and the price won’t hurt my pocket because of the online discounts.
5. Quantity! I got this last year and I still have a decent amount left. So, you can share this generously with your sister and mom.
Finally, you can see some chemicals added in the ingredient list:
2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1 3 diol, DMDM Hydantoin.
These two chemicals have been used as a preservative, but only up to certain extent. Otherwise, they are considered toxic.
Pros of Avani Mineral Therapy Mud Mask:
• Easy to use
• Good quantity provided
• Effective for minor acne
• Refreshes and rejuvenates
• Controls oiliness, yet moisturizes well
• Gives clean, nourished and brighter skin
• Reduces blackheads and closes pores
• Good shelf life
Cons of Avani Mineral Therapy Mud Mask:
• Tub packaging (always sanitize your hands before using it)
• Bulky packaging
• Available only online
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Avani Mineral Therapy Mud Mask?
Yes, I will repurchase this as soon as I finish this tub. Finally, if you want to try Dead Sea mud after seeing Rati’s Jordan trip photos, just go for it! This is not as pure as real Dead Sea mud, but this one is worth trying.
4.5/5 (points deducted for the presence of chemicals)
St Ives Replenishing Mineral Therapy Body Lotion
Oriflame Giordani Gold Mineral Therapy Foundation
Oriflame Giordani Gold Mineral Therapy Concealer
St. Ives Mineral Therapy Body Wash
30 Best Clay Masks Available in India For Oily Skin
Beauty Formulas Rejuvenating Glorious Mud Deep Cleansing Facial Mask
Hollywood Style Facial Whitening Mud Mask
Freeman Charcoal and Black Sugar Mud Mask