I am not at all a morning person. I hit snooze on my alarm as many times as I can until I have barely enough time to get ready and be out of the door. Since I have dry skin, I can never miss moisturizer, but in the crazy schedules, I either skip the sunscreen or face compact or both.
I had read about tinted moisturizers and BB creams being very good multitasking products specifically during time crunch. So, I was really looking forward to try them. I had earlier used Aveeno products like face wash and moisturizer with satisfactory results. So, when I saw Aveeno offering tinted moisturizer with sunscreen benefits, I decided to try it.
The CC cream comes in an off-white colored plastic bottle with brown pump nozzle. The nozzle does not have any top cover, so I have to be careful when I keep it in my bag as it may spill inside the bag. The CC creams comes in 2 colors – medium and fair to light. The cream is thick in consistency and very mildly fragrant which does not stay for long after application.
2.5 oz. (75 ml) bottle is priced at $16.99
Directions To Use:
My Experience with Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream Tinted Moisturizer:
The color tint I chose was medium and it suited my light brown skin tone well. The cream is thick, so if I try to apply it directly to my facial skin, it becomes difficult to blend it on my face. So what I do is apply my serum and moisturizer and then on top of it apply this tinted cream. On days when I am in a super hurry, I mix a little of the moisturizer with the CC cream and then directly apply it on my face.
I need one pump of the CC cream for a good coverage to the skin. It provides evenness to my complexion. My brown spots appear lighter though they do not completely fade away. My dark circles are also less visible though the CC cream does not entirely replace concealer.
This cream is supposed to moisturize along with giving tinted color, but it did not provide sufficient hydration to my dry skin. When I apply this CC cream directly on my face without mixing any moisturizer, my skin feels very dry after a few hours. However for oily skin or normal skin types, it would provide decent hydration.
It is a good CC cream for everyday use and the biggest advantage it offers is the SPF 30 sunscreen.When I apply this CC cream, I do not have to worry about going out in the sun. It contains mild shimmery particles which imparts a little sheen on the face. However, it did not make my skin entirely fresh, awaken and luminous as the product claims.
As this cream is hypoallergenic and noncomedogenic along with being oil free, it would be also suitable for acne-prone and sensitive skin. It also contains “total soy complex” for skin radiance and skin brightening. I did not find this CC cream to target all the 5 factors of radiance – tone, texture, blotchiness, dullness and brown spots. However, the CC cream is beneficial as a good tinted moisturizer, which helps to correct the flaws, protects from sun and perfects any patchiness.
Pros of Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream Tinted Moisturizer:
- Provides good coverage as brown spots and dark circles appear lighter along with making skin tone more even.
- Would be suitable for oily or normal skin tone and also acne-prone skin as it is oil-free, non comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
- Has SPF 30 sunscreen for protection.
- Mild fragrance which fades away after application.
- After application of the CC cream, did not feel it to be heavy on the skin.
- Very useful when in rush as this is a multitasking product for providing decent moisturization along with tinted color and sun protection.
- On mixing the CC cream with regular moisturizer, I found the CC cream to be a good everyday cream for my dry skin.
- Small amount is enough to blend completely on face to provide decent coverage.
Cons of Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream Tinted Moisturizer:
- Does not provide enough moisturization benefits for dry skin after 3 -4 hours.
- Packaging is not very travel friendly as the pump nozzle does not have any top cover and contents might spill if carried in a bag.
- Does not give a luminous glow to the skin as claimed by the product, instead it has mild shimmery particles.
- Product is thick, hence it is a little difficult to blend on the skin, but goes well on top of moisturizers.
- Currently comes in only 2 color variants – medium and fair to light which might not cater to all skin color tones.
- Does not help in all 5 areas of skin radiance as claimed by the product but helpful for minor skin flaw correction and sun protection.
Would I Repurchase Aveeno Positively Radiant CC Cream Tinted Moisturizer?
I would buy this CC cream again as it has been a good multitasking product. I would however continue to search for other products until I can replace this one.
If you have any recommendations for me, please let me know.
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer
Aveeno Positively Radiant Eye Illuminator
Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturiser Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser
Aveeno Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Lancome City Miracle CC Cream
Faces Canada CC Cream
Olay Total Effects 7 in One Pore Minimizing CC Cream
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
15 Best Tinted Moisturizers
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
The Balm Shelter Tinted Moisturizer
Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15
Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!