WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I‘ve written a review before of another Aveeno body lotion, (the Daily Moisturizing Lotion), and this lotion looks pretty much identical to that one except this one has a blue cap and label. It is also supposed to be more moisturizing since it is catered towards ‘itchy, extra dry skin’ which was exactly how my skin was when I purchased this.
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion 18 fl oz. bottle
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
This patented Triple Oat formula with shea butter extract relieves and soothes itchy, extra dry skin, and is clinically shown to combat all five symptoms of winter skin – dryness, discomfort, flaking, roughness and itchiness. This breakthrough lotion starts working immediately to nourish and restore lipids and essential moisture to skin. Rich, yet fast-absorbing, it contains no added fragrance and is good even for sensitive skin. It is a skin protectant and non-comedogenic.
Clinically shown to
• Relieve itchy, extra dry skin
• Soothe the discomfort associated with itching and dryness
• Moisturize for 24 hours
Essential Active Naturals:
This is a product for when I need to bust out the big guns! My regular, everyday lotion is the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion which is already better than most body lotions I’ve tried, but about two months ago when the weather was cooler and I had just switched to a new brand of soap which left my skin so dry that it began to get itchy, red, and flaking, even after I’d stopped using the soap, I decided to try the Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. My mother had told me that this helped so much with her irritated skin, and the same was true for me. It totally saved me from a trip to the dermatologist, which would definitely cost me more than a bottle of lotion!
What I love about Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
• It’s truly soothing and moisturizing, and helped calm down my itchy, super dry skin pretty fast.
• After a week of applying this all over twice a day, my skin was much improved. After about two weeks more of daily use, my skin was smooth and back to normal.
• It’s emollient but I find it easy to spread on my skin.
• It’s fragrance-free which I find is ideal for sensitive skin since it is less likely to cause irritation.
• Great to use as hand lotion too, and helps keep the bit of eczema on my hand moisturized.
• Its pump packaging is simple, easy to use, and is more hygienic than scooping lotion from a jar.
• It’s not too expensive- costs $10.49 for a big 18 fl oz. bottle at Drugstore.com. It lasts me a long time even with regular use and I feel that I totally get my money’s worth.
What I don’t love about Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion
• It’s summer now and I can no longer use this product everyday as an all-over lotion because it’s too heavy. I only apply it now on extra dry areas on my body, at night, or after exfoliating with a body scrub. For regular use, it’s better for winter time.
• Unfortunately, it’s not available in all places outside the USA.
For me this is a must-have product, and if like me your skin tends to be red, itchy and flaky when it becomes extremely dry, I very much recommend the Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. I just don’t suggest using it every day for summer! I always want one in stock though for dry skin emergencies, and to bring out when cooler seasons roll around.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Review
Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion
Chandra Dry Skin Moisturizing Lotion
Blossom Kochhar’s Almond Moisturizing
Khadi Aloe Vera Moisturizing Lotion
Vaseline Total Moisture 24 hour Moisturizing Cream
Body Lotion Review -St. Ives FRESH2O Advanced Body Moisturizer
Top 5 Facial Moisturizers Under Rs.300