For many of us, bad breath can be the biggest turn off in the morning, It is not hard to get a fresh breath, it is helpful to know what causes bad breath, some internal and external factors as well some foods that can prevent bad breath.
A simple thing like a toothbrush, floss and mouthwash can remove the invisible layer of bacteria that is plaque, will help a lot. .But for some a visit to the dentist can help with tartar and and other issues like cavities and gum problems. Rarely bad breath can be due to lungs or gastrointestinal tract or sinus infections or diabetes.
Clean your tongue. Use the back of your toothbrush meant for the purpose,or a tongue cleaner because the debris on the tongue can be a reason bad breath.
A hydrated mouth will help you prevent bad breath, drink lots of water or try sucking on gum to increase the saliva and keep mouth well rinsed and odor free.
Apart from garlic and onion, food like meat products,stuck between teeth or on the gum line can be a prime reason for bad breath, so rinse your mouth well, after such foods, brush as well as clean your tongue and floss.
People who have crowded teeth i.e. more teeth overlapping in small space are more prone to food entrapment and hence germs accumulate on them to produce bad breath. Old people who use artificial dentures, if regularly do not clean their dentures or sleep with the dentures in the mouth develops a typical bad breath.
Consuming an acidic beverage, including soda pop, coffee or alcohol, will release compounds into your bloodstream that will, in turn, release odors through your breath.
The antibacterial compounds in green tea will help keep the mouth odor free, so keep sipping some green tea after food and throughout the day.
Fruits with vitamin c, berries and melons and citrus rich ones like oranges are packed help with bad breath. Consume them daily. Another amazing tip is to eat rough foods like grain bread guava or gooseberry to rub the back of your throat clean to remove any debris.
Skip smoking, coffee, tea, too much can definitely give you bad breath. Cut down on alcohol needless to say, smoking and alcohol can give you horrible breath. These also lead to a dry mouth,which a culprit for bad breath.
Try these quick tips :
• To get rid of bad breath chew 1 or 2 cloves, mint leaves or cardamom daily after meals.
• Add a drop of tea tree oil to your toothpaste right before you brush. Or use it as a mouthwash by adding 3 drops of the oil to a cup of warm water. Gargle with this solution twice or thrice a day.
• Add 1/2 tablespoon of apple cinder vinegar into a glass of water. Gargle for 10 seconds with this solution.
• Chew some tender leaves of guava tree. It helps to cure bleeding gums and bad breath.
• Sprinkle baking soda on your toothbrush. Brush your teeth with it and then rinse with water.
• Tea made from fenugreek seeds is a good bad breath remedy. Mix a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds to ½ liter of water, simmer for 15 minutes, strain and drink as tea.
• Drink a cup of pineapple juice daily to get rid of bad breath.
• Eat yoghurt daily for six to seven weeks to keep bad breath at bay.
• Squeeze one lemon in a cup of water. Use this water to gargle and get rid of bad breath.
• Chew some sunflower seeds after each meal and drink a glass of water after it. It is one of the most effective remedy to get rid of bad breath.
Chlorhexidine mouth washes when used after meals reduce the bacteria and hence do not let bad breath form inside your mouth.
• Gargle with salt water to reduce bacteria in the mouth, which inturn will lead to curing the bad breath problem.
Visit your dentist regularly for any other underlying health issues for the same.
a href=”https://makeupandbeauty.com/home-remedies-white-teeth/” target=”_blank”>Home Remedies for White Teeth
Taking Care of Teeth: Oral Hygiene
Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums
Teeth Care: Dental Advices
How to Cure Bad Breath
Tips for Fresh Breath