Avon Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Soothing Foot Soak
With winter come cracked heels, and ugly feet in general. The skin tends to dry and harden, thereby forming more visible fissures and lines on other otherwise smooth and soft feet. Avon has introduced their new Winter Collection Pomegranate and Chocolate Foot Works. My Avon representative handed me the Foot Soak about eight days back. This is how the bottle looks –
Avon claims – “Slather your feet in mouth-watering chocolate and the decadence of pomegranate and walk away with clean, soft and happy feet!” the soak is tinged a delicate pomegranate-ish pink, though looks almost white and the smell is indeed extremely enticing (pomegranate and chocolate!!! That is WICKED ).
It is not overbearing or too fruity on the nose, but soft and mouth watering. Not only does it make the foot soft and succulent looking, the silky feel of the skin and the warm, clean fragrance gives it an overall wholesome happy touch as well. It lathers up smoothly and is not at all harsh or rough on the skin.
The overall profile of the Avon Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Foot Soak is like this –
Manufactured by – Avon Cosmetics
Marketed by – Avon Cosmetics
Contains – Pomegranate (This ancient fruit has been found to have a variety of beneficial health effects secondary to its high level of antioxidants which can help to prevent cell damage.) and Chocolate (Dark chocolate, in particular, has a very high anti-oxidant potential. Chocolate is considered dark if it has 35% percent cocoa. The anti-oxidant properties in cocoa could prevent free radicals from damaging the skin’s elastin, collagen and other protein.)
Quantity – 75ml
Price – Rs 150.
I wanted to write a review on the product as soon as I got it, but decided to wait a week so that I could show some results. This is how my foot was before using the foot soak (the cracking had not set in, and so I was neglecting any other winter special foot care) –
And this is how the foot looks after using the Avon Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Foot Soak for a week straight –
The winter induced harsh lines and the beginnings of the fissures have been smoothed up efficiently, and the skin is visibly softer and well nourished. It is a pity that the smell cannot be inserted or hyperlinked in the article… on the side note, there is a little callus on the little toe that got softened as well.
The Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Foot Soak makes me happy because –
- It actually lives up to its claim of “clean, soft and happy feet”
- The skin is not only softer, but smoother too.
- Along with cleansing, the Foot Soak energises and rejuvenates the feet.
- The delicate and mouth watering fragrance acts as a deodorant all day long when the feet are encased in the socks.
- A lot of the product is not needed to lather up decently. Therefore we get good value for money.
The Foot Works Pomegranate Chocolate Foot Soak makes me sad because –
- The smell is too yummy and it breaks my heart to put it on the feet only.
- The ‘24 hour soft and moisturised’ claim does not hold on people with dry skin.
Final Verdict – will buy again, if this bottle finishes before the heel-cracking season is over.
Overall Rating – :-* :-* :-* :-*
- VlCC Pediglow Pedicure Kit Review
- Jovees Foot Care 2 in 1 Review
- Oriflame Soothing Foot Cream with Chamomile Review