I’d never tried any hair product from Avon before, and I was interested in the Naturals line, so when I chanced upon a stall at the mall with a bunch of Avon Naturals shampoos, I sniffed at pretty much all the scents and ended up choosing the Avon Naturals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo in Tea Tree & Thyme.
Avon Naturals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – Tea Tree & Thyme for dry hair
Formulated with tea tree and thyme extracts and naturally derived nourishers, this gentle shampoo helps reduce scalp irritation and symptoms of dandruff. Cleanses effectively and conditions hair from root to tip. Leaves hair looking healthy from the first wash.
My wrinkly, still wet from the shower bottle
My bottle is all wrinkly because since I bought it, I’ve put it in the shower where it keeps getting wet. I don’t mind though, and I like the packaging of my shampoos simple and just easy to open and close. Also because I got this for a pretty cheap price, so, I’m not complaining.
There were several scents available for the Avon Naturals shampoos, and I was choosing between Green Tea & Thyme and Almond Oil & Avocado, which is a foody, sweetish type of scent, the type of scent I usually go for, but I got the Green Tea & Thyme in the end because it smelled so fresh and light. Great for summer days as well as for my occasional dandruff and dry hair.
Ingredients list on the back of the bottle
What I like about Avon Naturals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – Tea Tree & Thyme for dry hair
• The scent, which smells lightly of soap and something like sweet herbs. It’s very subtle, and also cool and refreshing. I really like smelling it on my newly-washed hair. It smells unisex too so my husband also uses it.
• It actually did seem to help with my dandruff. Granted, I only have a moderate case of dandruff which often flares up when I get stressed, but I didn’t experience any at all while using this shampoo. When I switched to a different product, my dandruff came back after about a week.
• It does not leave my dry hair even drier, although it doesn’t feel particularly moisturizing either.
• It lathers well and does not irritate my scalp or skin, and did not cause any pimples to grow near my hairline or forehead, which has happened with other shampoos I’ve used.
• It’s cheap! I purchased the 200 ml bottle for only around $2.
• It doesn’t contain any parabens, which is better and I guess helps the product live up to the ‘Naturals’ tag.
• I like the simple green bottle.
What I don’t like about Avon Naturals Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – Tea Tree & Thyme for dry hair
• Hmmm…nothing, actually!
Overall, I found this product to be a good, affordable find. Despite the cheap price, it didn’t feel cheap on my hair. I would buy it again, and get an additional bottle in a different scent, since most of the other shampoo scents smelled really nice. This was a great buy and I’m looking forward to trying more Avon Naturals products.
Avon Naturals Violet & Lychee Shower Gel
Avon Naturals Lip Balm Strawberry, Aloe & Cherry
Avon Naturals Violet & Lychee Hand & Body Lotion
Avon Naturals Oil Control Gel Lotion
Loreal Instant clear Anti Dandruff shampoo
The Body Shop Ginger Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
Arish Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Oriflame White Nettle & Papaya 2- in- 1 Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner