Avon’s In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Body Lotion Review
In case you have absolutely no idea who Reese Witherspoon is I would suggest you to watch the movie ‘Legally Blonde’, the only movie in which I liked her. I was gifted this lotion by a friend who brought this from her trip to Canada. I haven’t seen this in the Avon brochures so I am not sure about the availability of this lotion everywhere. I have been using this lotion for almost 3 months and honestly till just few days back I had no idea this lotion was by Avon, I thought it was like her own custom made brand 😛
Quantity:- 200 ml (6.7 fl. oz.)
What Avon says about In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Body Lotion?
Sensual and elegant, it entices the senses with gardenia blossoms and lush florals, enveloped in amber wood and peach tea leaves.
Award-winning actress, Hollywood producer and working mother, Reese embodies the perfect balance of inner and outer beauty. Her celebrity style and sensual elegance are captured in the heart of In Bloom.
”In developing In Bloom, I found myself drawn to the scents of my childhood in Tennesse. We had a great big magnolia tree in the backyard and it’s that beautiful white blossom that inspired the perfume. In Bloom is indicative of where I am in my life today. I’m feeling very strong and independent, and so happy, so full of life. The fragrance truly captures that feeling – it’s very sensual, very romantic and alluring.” – Reese Witherspoon for Avon
About ‘In Bloom’ range:-
Reese Witherspoon being Avon’s Global Ambassador had collaborated with Avon in 2009 to produce a few fragrance range products. The collection includes In Bloom Limited edition Parfum (which by the way is still available, how can a limited edition product be available for almost more than a year ?:-) ) , In Bloom Eau de Parfum Spray (which has been awarded the Reader’s Choice Best New Fragance by Allure magazine), In Bloom Body Mist, In Bloom Body Lotion & In Bloom Shower Gel.
My Experience with In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Body Lotion:-
I am really skeptical about products which belong to a celebrity’s individual brand or collaborated brand. When I initially received it I really wasn’t planning to try it until my friend insisted to atleast smell it. I opened the flip top lid & was spellbound by the scent. I am at loss of words to describe how amazing the scent actually is!! I can imagine why the original Parfum and the Parfum Spray was such a huge hit which is why they are still selling a limited edition product 😛 wish MAC could do the same 🙁
What I like about the In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Body Lotion?
- Obviously the super duper awesome fragrance. I like how the scent is not too flowery or sweet kinds like other flower scented products. It’s a heavenly scent which you would want to wear everyday!!
- I like how it’s not very greasy like other lotions & gets soaked in the skin very fast.
- A little goes a long way which is why this lotion is still not getting over despite using it everyday since past 3 months!!
What I dislike about the In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Body Lotion?
- There is absolutely no moisturizing effect. Wish it would act more of a body lotion by being more moisturizing.
- The scent hardly lasts long. Just after 1 hour of application I will have to literally sniff near my skin to be able to feel the scent. If something smells as good as this I would prefer it to last long & be able to feel the scent at all points of time.
Would I repurchase Avon’s In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon Body Lotion?
No, not this lotion but will definitely purchase the In Bloom Eau de Parfum Spray assuming it smells the same as this lotion due to the presence of gardenia blossom extracts along with other florals , engulfed in amber wood and peach tea leaves.
My Rating:- :star: :star: