WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Ayur Herbals Multi Purpose Cream with Aloe Vera
Ayur has so many products out there but somehow I never really felt like picking them up. My mom got me this cream when I was pregnant because of the aloe vera ingredient.
Though I was very lazy with applying anything on my belly for the stretch marks, I did try this multi purpose cream during that time.
Price: Rs 50 for 80 ml
Packaging: Comes in a white tub with green lid. The plastic is a little tacky and lightweight, especially the lid. Though mine has broken, leaked or anything yet, it doesn’t look too sturdy either. My sister once sat on it, and the lid got a little curved towards the inside. I pushed it outwards, and it was sort of normal again.
Let’s see what’s written on the tub:
There is NO ingredients list at all, which is a major turn off.
So all we know is that the cream claims to have aloe vera and ‘extra’ vitamin E:
Aloe Vera: Inside the leaves of the Aloe Vera plant, there is a Gel-like substance containing several vitamins, minerals, amino acids & enzymes. This gel is a very close match to the natural pH balance of human skin and has wonderful moisturizing and healing properties. Aloe Vera helps the skin to build collagen & elastin and make it soft and supple, slowing down the ageing process. It is also a rich source of anti-oxidants which fight against sun damage and rejuvenate the Skin.
Vitamin E: It regulates the oil balance of the skin, keeps it hydrated by preventing water loss, reduces age spots, scars and stretch marks. Its powerful anti-oxidant properties protect skin against sun damage and can even treat sun burns. Vitamin E is medically proven to cure skin diseases as well as deter skin cancer due to its sun protection abilities.
My experience with the cream:
It is a light greenish coloured cream, with a texture that’s not runny like lotion and not very heavy either. Somewhere in between. It felt a too greasy on my oily facial skin, so I washed it off after some time for fear of pimples. I don’t think I will be using it on my face again. But using it as a body cream, I found that it got absorbed in a few minutes. It kept my skin well moisturized for a pretty long time. However, it did not do anything to prevent the appearance of stretch marks. But then, it did not claim to help with stretch marks, so that is fine.
I’m not sure how to describe the smell. I did not like it very much.
Here’s a pic of the colour and consistency. I’ve almost finished it!
Pros of Ayur Multipurpose Cream:
1. Will probably suit dry skin well for face use. Alright enough as a body cream, though there’s nothing great about it.
2. It has aloe vera. I know many people love aloe vera products.
3. The price! It’s really cheap for the quantity. Comes in larger sizes too.
4. Availability is not a problem. You will find it in all beauty stores, supermarkets, and even general provision stores.
Cons of Ayur Multipurpose Cream:
1. I don’t think it’s true to the claim of suiting all skin types, especially as a face cream. Oily and combination skin people should be wary.
2. I cannot say anything about its claim to reduce marks on the face, because I do not have any acne marks. And I don’t feel tempted enough to use it on my face anyway.
3. Tub packaging is not so hygienic. Also, they could have used better quality plastic. It doesn’t look strong enough for rough travel use, the lid may crack. You can also see from the pics that the edges of the lid are loose and gather dirt. Yikes!
4. There is no ingredients list! This is a big turn off.
Will I repurchase?
No. There was nothing very special about it.
Have you used Ayur Herbals Multi Purpose Cream with Aloe Vera? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
FabIndia Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel Review
Baba Ramdev Aloe Vera Gel Review
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
The Body Shop Aloe Vera Calming Cleanser and Toner Review
Aloe Vera for Skin Care : Ask IMBB
Ayur Herbal Skin Toner Review