By Jyoti Dubey
Acne is a major skin issue that a majority of women face across the world. Due to stress, excessive sebum production, clogged pores, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy food habits, lack of sleep in this fast paced life, acne is an uninvited friend. In this post, we are going to help all those who suffer from acne with 8 ayurvedic face packs to cure acne. So, take a look:
1. Shankh Bhasma: Shankh Bhasma is an ayurvedic formulation made from a conch shell. It is a magical ingredient for people with acne. It is a natural alkalizer which helps in fighting acne. Just take a teaspoon of shank bhasma (you can easily get it online) and mix it with a little water and that’s it, your face mask is ready.
2. Turmeric and rose water mask: Turmeric has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. The anti-inflammatory qualities of turmeric also help in calming skin. It also helps clear pigmentation, dark spots and acne scars. Just mix a tablespoon of turmeric with a little bit of rose water and apply it on your face. It will not only help you in curing acne but will also make your skin bright and glowing.
3. Basil Mask: Studies have shown that when basil leaves are incorporated into the skincare routine, it can clear acne and reduce inflammation due to its powerful anti-bacterial properties. Crush a few basil leaves and apply it on your face, rinse off after 20 minutes with plain water. Try this regularly and you will see amazing results.
4. Rosehip oil: Mix 3 drops of rosehip oil in one teaspoon of turmeric and apply it on your face. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then wash it off with water. Rosehip oil is full of rich components that not only fight acne, they nourish and brighten up skin too. Research has proven that rosehip oil has a lot of linoleic acid which helps to regulate sebum production, ultimately minimizing breakouts on the skin.
5. Neem paste: Neem, which is also known as the wonder leaf has numerous benefits for acne-prone skin due to the presence of anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Neem has been extensively used in ayurveda to treat acne. Just crush some neem leaves into a paste form and apply it on your skin and wash it off after 15 minutes.
6. Papaya mask: The papain enzyme in papaya helps to exfoliate skin and helps to remove buildup of bacteria, and prevents breakouts. Papaya also brightens up skin tone and acts as an anti-ageing agent. To know more about that, please go through my article – “anti-aging foods” on IMBB! To prepare the mask, you just need to mash some pieces of papaya an voila! It’s ready to be applied on your face.
7. Honey mask: According to Kavita Mariwalla, who is a dermatologist in New York, honey works to make inflammatory acne look less angry because it has an osmotic effect on the skin, that is it can draw out the excess fluid and help reduce inflammation. Just apply some honey on your face and you will see the redness of the acne getting reduced and your skin will not even crave for moisturiser after using this mask because of the intensely moisturizing properties of honey.
8. Lemon and honey mask: Take some lemon juice, add some honey to it and apply this mask on your face using a cotton pad. Lemon has AHA’s and BHA’s in it which helps in removing dead skin cells and thus help in clearing acne and it’s marks. We have already discussed about the benefits of lemon in the previous point.