I am feeling so happy that finally it has started to rain in Delhi. I love to enjoy the rains with hot pakoras and a cup of coffee. The fragrance of soil and the sound of the rain brings happiness in me and gives me a lot of positive energy. After getting such a positive feedback on my last DIY, I decided to share another favourite DIY of mine with all of you. Apart from all the good things which monsoon does to me, it also affects my hair. My hair becomes dull and oily because of the humidity. Whenever my hair starts behaving in strange manner, I use this hair mask and it again makes my hair soft, shiny and bouncy. I am using this hair mask from the last 3 years, my grandmother had shared it with me. Every time I use it, I fall in love with my hair. So, without wasting any more time, I am quickly going to tell you the ingredients which are required to make this mask and the procedure.
1. Two tablespoons of reetha powder.
2. Two tablespoons of shikakai powder.
3. Two tablespoons of multani mitti powder.
4. Two tablespoons of amla powder.
5. One cup water extracted from curry leaves.
6. One lemon.
Mix all the powders in a bowl and squeeze the lemon into the mixture.
Put a handful of curry leaves in the grinder and add some water to it. After grinding it for a couple of minutes, filter the mixture and collect the water in a bowl.
Mix it with the other ingredients and keep mixing it till it becomes a smooth paste.
Apply it thoroughly on the scalp and on the hair and leave it for 1-2 hours.
Rinse it with water and then use your regular shampoo and follow it with conditioner.
Benefits of the ingredients used:
1. Reetha: It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. Regular use of reetha makes hair softer and shiner. It also helps in preventing dandruff and hair fall.
2. Shikakai: It helps in detangling hair and makes it shiny. Also, strengthens the roots and gives volume to hair.
3. Multani Mitti: Treats dry hair and leaves it soft and healthy. Also helps in removing excess oil from the scalp and prevents split ends too.
4. Amla: It gives natural shine to the hair and gives nourishment from root to tip. It reduces hair fall and solves the problem of dandruff.
5. Curry Leaves: It is loaded with the goodness of Vitamin A, B, C and E. It helps a lot in reducing hair fall, promoting hair growth and also solves the problem of premature greying of the hair.
6. Lemon: It fights dandruff, strengthens hair roots, prevents hair loss and strengthens hair. It also conditions the hair and makes it soft.
I use this pack whenever my hair starts looking dull and lifeless. It also controls my hair fall and makes them soft, shiny, bouncier and straight. It also takes care of frizzy hair. It’s a great way to pamper my hair on weekends.
Some points to remember:
1. Although all the four ingredients (reetha, shikakai, multani mitti, and amla) are available in powder form in the market, I would still advise you to buy them in their raw form and then grind them yourself because I always doubt the originality of these readymade products.
2. Do not leave the mixture out for more than a couple of hours; otherwise multani mitti will make your hair dry and rough.
3. Your scalp will have some itchy feeling for a while, but that’s normal.
I hope you will like this mask and it will show the same results on you too as it did for me. If you are looking for some homemade effective hair mask, then try this out!
Ayurvedic Beauty Regimen
Forest Essentials Ayurvedic Head Massage Oil
Kama Rejuvenating and Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream
Khadi Amla & Bhringraj Ayurvedic Shampoo
Ayurvedic Face Packs For Beautiful Skin
20 Best Hair Masks For Healthy Hair
Loreal Total Repair 5 Hair Masque
Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue Treatment Hair Mask
Wella System Professional Hydrate Dry Hair Mask
Homemade Conditioning Hair Mask: Do It Yourself
Hair Care Tips for Strong Healthy Hair
10 Steps To Healthy Hair
Hair Care 3: Tips for Healthy Hair
Homemade Egg Hair Masks For Healthy Hair