By Shazia Shaikh
A good hair straightener has become the need of every women these days. Most of us like to experiment with different hairstyles from straight hair to those curly locks. Read this review to find out more about Babyliss ST230SDE Sublim’ Touch 2 in 1 Hairdressers’ Straightener.
· PROTECT PERFORMANCE : So as to preserve the beauty and natural shine of your hair,Babyliss uses the most sophisticated technologies for its straighteners so that your hair is smooth,shiny and perfectly protected.
· SUBLIM’ TOUCH SURFACE : New satiny ultra- soft plates.The exclusive satiny coating(polished 8 microns ultra -thin anodic layer) ensures efficient heat conduction and attains a temperature of 200 degree celsius for optimal results while fully respecting your hair.
· LED PRECISION : Indicates precisely the selected temperature.
· 200 degree CERAMIC TECHNOLOGY : Ideal temperature selection for straightening according to the nature and sensitivity of your hair.The Ceramic Technology ensures quick heat – up,with a recommended maximum of 200 degree celsius for perfect straightening while limiting the number of strokes necessary.
SAR 189, but I got it in sale for SAR 119, i.e INR 2023 approximately
28mm X 100mm
My Experience with Babyliss ST230SDE Sublim’ Touch 2 in 1 Hairdressers’ Straightener:
The body of this straightener is very sleek and sturdy. It comes with a lock system, so that plates stay safe even when the straightener isn’t in use. There are various temperature settings, and one can select from 135 degree celsius to 200 degree celsius, depending upon the thickness of hair. Also, there is a convenient LED display and on/off switches. It heats up fast and is safe to use. So, I have no complaints with the body of the straightener.
My hair is very dry and frizzy for which I wanted a good straightener with ceramic technology. I picked it up because of its ‘2 in 1 Straight or Curl’ feature and of course, because it is by Babyliss. I use it on my shampooed, conditioned and completely dried hair. I make four sections in my hair and start from the bottom section taking 2 inch sections. I am always amazed to see the results. My hair do not feel frizzy. It also smoothes away flyaways which I was worried about. An efficient heat protectant spray is a must when using any heating tool for your hair.
It took good twenty minutes for me to straighten my medium length hair. And for curls, I do the method shown on Youtube for curling hair with a straightener and it didn’t disappoint me there as well. However, it is easier to achieve loose curls and waves with this tool, and not tight curls.
Overall, I love this straightener! One rule I follow after treating my hair with any hot tool is that I oil my hair and keep it overnight so that my hair does not become more dry after wash.
Summing up pros and cons,
Pros of Babyliss ST230SDE Sublim’ Touch 2 in 1 Hairdressers’ Straightener:
• Sleek and easy to carry
• Price is reasonable
• Multipurpose for straightening and curling
• Ceramic technology with satiny coating to prevent frizz and limit number of strokes necessary
• Many temperature settings to select from
• Locking system to keep the plates closed
• 2 years warranty
• Curling technique gives good loose curls
• ON/OFF switch; automatic stop
Cons of Babyliss ST230SDE Sublim’ Touch 2 in 1 Hairdressers’ Straightener:
• Cannot be used on wet hair
• No negative ion feature
Would I Recommend Babyliss ST230SDE Sublim’ Touch 2 in 1 Hairdressers’ Straightener?
Yes, 100% to all the females who desire either straight or curly hair while keeping their hair safe.
4.9/5, but I still love this one!
Babyliss 2020CE Fun Style 8 in 1 Hair Styler
BaByliss Back Comb Brush
Philips HP8658 Essential Care Air Straightener
Philips HP8310 Hair Straightener
Remington Ceramic Straight 230 Hair Straightener-Model S1005
Sephora 2-in-1 Eye Makeup Remover Gel
Equate 2-in-1 Daily Facial Cloths
Garnier Fair Miracle 2-in-1 Fairness Cream