Hello Ladies :),
This review is about the aloe vera moisturising gel from Banjara’s. Aloe Vera has been in use as a moisturiser since centuries. As you ladies already know, it is a gentle, natural gel extracted out of the leaf of an aloe plant. This gel is also used to soothe irritated skin and even consumed internally. Several actresses and models have credited their glowing skin to this magical plant. All these years, I used to make incisions on leaves from our aloe vera plant and extract the gel. However, this can’t be done everyday due to the time it consumes and the time it takes for the plant to heal. Also, the gel thus extracted doesn’t stay fresh for long, it turns brown really fast. Recently, I came across this product from Banjara’s and decided to give it a try. Banjara’s is a well-established Indian brand that makes natural face packs, rose water and other herbal products.
The aloe gel comes packed in a transparent plastic jar with a green cap:
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
What the Product Claims:
Banjara’s Aloe Vera Moisturising Gel comes with vitamins which act as the best moisturiser for your skin and keep it flexible by providing oxygen to the skin cells. It improves the synthesis and strengthens the skin tissue and gives your skin a glowing and smooth effect. It also removes dead skin cells and decreases the intensity of pigmentation and lightens the dark spots on the face.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
Price of Purchase:
Rs.100 for 150 gm.
My Experience with Banjara’s Aloe Vera Moisturising Gel:
I have used this product for over two months now. The texture of the gel is very smooth and spreads easily on the face like water. It is absorbed within seconds of application.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
My skin is oily in summer/monsoon and very dry and flaky in winters. So far, this gel has been my HG moisturiser as it simply hydrates the skin, without making it oily. In comparison, I found it to be more moisturising than the gel directly extracted from the plant. Right now, I’m using it twice a day, first thing after bath in the morning and last thing at night. But since this has no sun protection, I apply it first, wait for a couple of minutes, then apply sunscreen (Lotus SPF 40) and continue with usual makeup.
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
Pros of Banjara’s Aloe Vera Moisturising Gel:
1) Provides the right amount of moisturisation without making the skin oily.
2) The gel has very smooth texture and spreads easily. A small amount can moisturise your entire face and neck.
3) The gel gets absorbed in seconds. Also, when you’re spreading it, it gives a slight cooling effect and spreads like a liquid. This is most welcome during summers. 🙂
4) Lovely, mild and pleasing fragrance. I am not a big fan of aloe vera’s natural fragrance but this product is obviously perfumed. Not complaining, though because it is a good fragrance.
5) It is starting to get quite chilly at nights here in Bangalore. I expected my skin to be dry by morning, but it surprisingly remained moisturised through the night. 🙂
6) The price is a pro too. This product costs Rs. 100 for a jar of 150 gm. It is readily available at all local and leading beauty stores. Big Bazaar, Health and Glow, Spar, etc., always stock most Banjara’s products.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
Cons of Banjara’s Aloe Vera Moisturising Gel:
1) It comes in a jar packaging which is not hygienic.
2) No ingredients list mentioned. This obviously contains a few additives for it to moisturise and spread better than natural aloe vera. It should also contain preservatives to make it last 3 years from the date of manufacture. No mention of that on the label.
3) It may not help people with dry skin. Also, it will not give sufficient moisture during winters.
Overall, a great product for summers and monsoons. Those with oily skin should definitely try it out.
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
Will I Buy It Again?
Naval Herbals Aloe Vera Gel Moisturizer
Nature’s Essence Aloe Vera Gel
Baba Ramdev Aloe Vera Gel
FabIndia Aloe Vera Under Eye Gel
Oriflame Aloe Vera & Arnica Extract Soothing Pure Gel
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Aloe Vera for Skin Care : Ask IMBB
The Body Shop Aloe Vera Calming Cleanser and Toner
Moisturisers for Oily Skin : Ask IMBB Gang
Ayur Herbals Multi Purpose Cream
Oriflame Pure Nature Organic Aloe Vera & Arnica Extract Soothing Face Cream
Anne French Creme Hair Remover
Patanjali Aloe Vera & Amla Juice