Hello IMBB addicts,
How is the New year 2016 going on for you guys? You all know that I am big-time B&BW junkie when it comes to the body mists and lotions. Don’t they make the most amazing scents in the world, and they have created like more than 100 lotions, isn’t that unbelievable? I want tot ry all of them. So for now, I picked up this awesome lotion called “Velvet sugar” because the notes mentioned just pulled me like a magnet! Let’s see how it worked
Price: $12.50 on their online stores (Retails at Rs 800-1200 in India)
Product Description by Bath and Body Works:
Savour every moment of this sweetly sumptuous blend of red velvet créme and golden plum laced with a swirl of sugared musk, pink jasmine and wild strawberries. Too much is never enough.
USAGE: Add a generous amount to palm and smooth over skin.
• Top Notes: Wild Strawberries, White Nectarine, Pear Blossom, Apple Nectar
• Mid Notes: Pink Jasmine, Golden Plum, Red Velvet Créme, Dewy Honeysuckle, Freesia
• Dry Notes: Golden Amber, Vanilla , Tolu Balsam, Caramel, Baileys Créme, Sugared Musk
My Experience with Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar Body Lotion:
The “Velvet sugar” range is rated as one of the best scents that Bath and body works has to offer, so how could I miss it? Hence, I got this super cute lotion to try
Packaging: The B&BW velvet sugar lotion comes in a very pretty bottle loaded with baby pink coloured lotion. It is accompanied with a metallic pink cap which makes it look even more gorgeous. The bottle has a perfect girly label with heart and coloured laces over it. It also has a cute pink cushion couch in the background. I love how B&BW keeps the packaging always so attractive. The bottle is loaded with the cream and the quantity is great, but it is light-weight and hence can be easily carried around in the bag. The cap opens and closes with a press hence no worries of it spilling around!
Texture, Consistency and Fragrance: The lotion comes in a very cute baby pink colour. The consistency is neither thick nor runny. It is just perfect as a body cream especially for winters. It comes out smooth and gets layered on my skin even smoother. It feels a little cool when I apply it. I don’t have to massage it a lot because it gets absorbed almost instantly during the colder days. But during the summers, it might feel a little heavy and greasy on the skin initially.
The scent is definitely the best part about BB&W lotions! Oh my God, the scent just transferred me to a different world! It transferred me to a world of creams and strawberries where the little strawberry shortcake lives. The smell is extremely fruity, sugary and sweet. It opens up with a sweet scent of wild strawberries like a strawberry milkshake loaded with frosty sugar. And I can eat it with a red velvet cake. That is what the blend is about. It has fresh and frosty hints of freesia and plums which makes it a better scent for me. The base is a creamy amber vanilla one which adds that muskiness to the fragrance. The scent is extremely girly and people around will like smelling you! It is a perfect one for summers and winters too! But it is a scent which is very syrupy and not everyone will like this. It portrays a very fun, crazy girly image of a woman. The scent screams that the girl will do what she wants, and does what she loves to do. It so screams my personality
Results and Staying Power: It gives an instant boost of hydration to my skin which makes my skin look fresh and bouncy. I can feel the softness and the supple touch after using this. It keeps my skin hydrated for 7-8 hours and then a little re-application is needed. It is good for winters too as it works good for normal and dry skin both. The scent stays for 2-3 hours and then only a faint scent lingers on my skin.
Overall, I am loving all the wintery lotions from Bath and body works and now I am going to start stocking up on summery scents now!
Pros of Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar Body Lotion:
• The bottle looks extremely gorgeous in baby pink with coloured laces over it, cushion couch on the back-ground topped up with a pink cap which looks super girly.
• Contains vitamin E, jojoba oil and shea butter which nourishes the skin very well.
• A very handy bottle loaded with good amount of quantity at that price.
• The lotion is very smooth and gentle on the skin.
• It keeps my skin hydrated for a long time say 7-8 hours and this is good enough to hydrate dry skin too.
• The scent is so “ME” because it is a perfect blend of plums, frosted strawberries, freesia, vanilla, amber and many smaller notes and I love all the notes to the core.
• It is a perfect sweet fruity scent for summers and winters too.
• This scent definitely perks up my mood instantly and transfers me to a strawberry shortcake world.
• It is a very fun, cute, girly and a fairy-like scent and makes me smell like a strawberry cake.
• The fragrance lingers for 2-3 hours strongly and the mild scent stays till the next day.
• It leaves my skin supple soft and supple and it actually looks fresh.
• Not tested on animals which is great on their part.
Cons of Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar Body Lotion:
• This is super sugary sweet which is not everyone’s cup of tea.
• It is a very cute girly scent which everyone cannot handle.
• Skin might feel a bit greasy during summers.
• No SPF.
IMBB Rating: 4.5/5 (0.5 deducted because this is not a versatile scent)
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Bath and Body Works Velvet Sugar Body Lotion?
Each time I pick up a B&BW lotion, I fall in love with it! Because each one has a unique scent to each which lures me to the core. This is actually one of those best girly scents that I have ever sniffed. I definitely recommend this one but watch out, it is a super sweet one, so make sure you sniff it before you get it hoe. I am not really sure about re-purchasing because there are so many more awesome scents waiting for me 😛
I say this every-time but yes I absolutely loved this lotion and probably will keep on loving all that I pick!
Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Body Lotion
Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods Body Lotion
Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works – Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Moonlight Path Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Mad About You Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Amber Blush Body Lotion
Bath and Body Works Wild Peach Poppies Body Lotion