By Poorva Shukla
Taking care of our hair is such a time consuming activity. Pre-wash, wash, post-wash, whoa! Who has so much time in the hustle-bustle of this fast paced world.
And those days when you have impromptu plans for parties or outings, you sure don’t want to be caught with oily and limp hair. I have oily hair so I face all of these situations very frequently. So I got myself Batiste dry shampoo in Original for my rescue. Batiste is a brand best known for its dry shampoos. Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush has already been reviewed on this blog. Today I would like to tell about Batiste Dry shampoo Original.
Product Description: Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. Batiste offers an instant fix by revitalizing greasy, dull and lifeless hair. Batiste thickens thin fly-away hair and adds texture and body for that easy style solution. Simply spray it on and comb it out.
Directions to use: Shake can vigorously, Spray evenly over hair, Massage into scalp with fingertips, Let sit a few moments and brush out preferably using a natural bristle brush.
Price: $8 for 6.73 oz |BUY THIS PRODUCT HERE|
Ingredients: Butane , Isobutane , Propane , Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch , Alcohol Denat , Parfum (Fragrance) , Limonene , Linalool , Geraniol , Benzyl Benzoate , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Cetrimonium Chloride
Packaging: It comes in a sturdy metallic spray-on can, colored in fresh and happy greens and yellows. It has a plastic spray dispenser which is smooth and easy enough to use. The cap secures very nicely.
My experience with Batiste Dry Shampoo Original:
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original is very aptly described as “clean and classic”. It not only lifts up your limp hair by absorbing the extra oil, but it also has a fine fragrance which leaves you feeling fresh. Manufacturers claim that it is for all hair types, and its suits my oily hair. It lives up to its claims, and is an excellent return of investment.
Its very powdery and whitish. Below are the images how it looks just after spraying and 1 minute after spraying.Just after spraying it is a little wet.About a minute after spraying, it turns to an extremely smooth powder, and the powdery white color becomes less intense.
Pros of Batiste Dry Shampoo Original:
• Has very subtle citrus scent.
• Instantly revs up the limp oily hair by absorbing all the oil.
• Oily hair beauties don’t have to wash hair every day, and can even then look fresh.
• Perfect for the lady on the go, and all those who don’t want to damage their hair by washing it every day.
• The fragrance is not at all bothersome a few minutes after the application
• The can is sturdy and easy to use.
Cons of Batiste Dry Shampoo Original:
• Care has to taken to spray dry shampoo from a proper distance, or it will leave your hair whitish, and you will have to work a bit harder to get the white powder out.
• You need to properly brush out the dry shampoo, as it is very powdery.
• Also if you do not massage it properly with your fingertips, it won’t be that effective.
• If you apply more quantity, your hair will feel a lot heavy the next day. I have never ever been able to skip washing the day after using dry shampoos.
IMBB Rating: 4/5 (Pretty good, but a greedy person like me needs something more 😉 ) |BUY THIS PRODUCT HERE|
Will I repurchase/recommend Batiste Dry Shampoo Original?
Though this dry shampoo does its work pretty well, but I am not fully satisfied with it. It works pretty well for now, but I will be on a constant lookout for a dry shampoo which does not force me to wash my hair the very next day after its application, even if I don’t have to go out anywhere.
L’oreal Professionnel Crystal Gloss Tecni Art
L’oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil-nourish Shampoo Review
Toni & Guy Refresh-it Dry Shampoo Review
How to Make Dry Shampoo at Home
Suave Dry Shampoo Spray Review
Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Dry Shampoo Review