Top 20 Blemish Balm Creams
Blemish Balm Cream, though most popular in its abbreviated form of BB cream, is fast attaining the cult status as the “one-stop-shop” miracle product that is the answer to all your beauty nightmares. Blemish balm cream was originally created by a German dermatologist as a soothing ointment that would alleviate redness and erythema of laser-treated patients as well double up as a concealing agent. Blemish Balm creams have since been developed to not only soothe the skin and to cover up the redness and inflammation, but also to nourish and improve skin texture and clarity.
Dermatologists initially prescribed it to treat laser surgery patients and to soothe and regenerate their sensitive skins while also providing good coverage of laser scars and erythema.
What Exactly Does Blemish Balm Do?
Blemish balm cream is a sort of tinted moisturizer, which offers light coverage, reduces inflammation, covers up minor irregularities of the skin whilst improving the skin texture, and most importantly BB creams offers UV protection. It’s an all-in-one cream, using which, you wouldn’t need to slather on your regular foundation, tinted moisturizer, concealer, moisturizer, sunblock, etc. Therefore, blemish balm cream is all-rolled-into-one wonder formula and how hard is that to believe.
Though it was initially conceived in Germany, it quickly caught the fancy of women of Korea and South East Asian countries, who lapped it up and got flawless skin.
Most of the BB creams cover the entire spectrum of skin tones and types. Most of the BB creams work best for dry skin, sensitive skin, dark and blemished skin, aged skin, and all other skin types needing bright and radiant glow, it’s more like “genie in a bottle”…err…sorry in a BB cream.
Please see the following experiment to see how effectively BB cream camouflages (taken from a review at our own Emirati blog 🙂
Trying to conceal eye pencil mark with Missha BB Cream:
The mark has been completely concealed by the BB Cream:
It is also important to note that all of the BB creams offer sun protection starting from SPF 30 upwards to SPF 50.
Different Variations of Blemish Balm Cream:
While surfing the net, I came across different variations of BB cream, some containing Jasmine extracts which had added functions of whitening, wrinkle repair, and extreme nourishment. There was another BB cream with gold and caviar. Caviar is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acid as well as it contains vitamin A, B, C, and D, and minerals too. Gold is known for its anti-ageing and anti-oxidising properties and when these two are combined in a BB cream, the results would be nothing short of a miracle.
The most amazing thing about BB creams is that it not only benefits a majority of skin types, but also, it suits and soothes acne-prone skin, and improves acne condition if the correct product is used.
Summarizing the benefits of BB Cream:
If the benefits of BB cream were to be summarized, it would be the following:
• Provides a lightweight coverage and covers up blemishes and redness on the skin.
• Almost gives the effect of “nude” makeup.
• Covers up pigmentation, acne scars, redness, inflammation, erythema, and uneven skin tone.
• Over a period of time, due to the nourishment it provides, it smoothes up the skin and helps in the regeneration process, resulting in younger-looking and refined skin.
• Believed to contain anti-ageing properties.
• All BB creams offer SPF factors, so there is lesser need for added sun block.
• When combined with other exotic ingredients, it works miraculously to cure skin issues.
What are the Famous Brands of BB Cream?
All major International brands have understood the importance and demand for BB creams and have upped their ante and have come up with interesting variations and concotions of BB cream. Reviews of Maybelline, skin79, Missha, and PureDerm BB creams are available here, here, here, and here on IMBB.
Top 20 Brands of BB Cream:
- Clinique Age Defence BB Cream.
- Estee Lauder Cyber White Brilliant Cells Extra Intensive BB.
- Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-In-One BB Cream.
- Germaine de Capuccini BB Cream Perfectionist.
- Mac Prep + Prime BB Cream.
- Etude House BB Magic Cream with SPF30.
- Missha M Perfect Cover B.B. Cream SPF 42.
- Skin79 Diamond BB cream.
- Tony Moly BB cream.
- Laneige Snow BB Cream SPF41.
- Hanskin Magic BB Cream.
- Skinfood Aloe Sun BB Cream SPF 20 PA+.
- Hanskin Caviar Gold B.B Cream SPF 21.
- Skinfood Agave Cactus Sun BB Cream SPF 36 PA.
- Dr. Jart + Black Label BB Cream.
- L’egere White Multi BB Cream.
- Maybelline BB Cream.
- The Face Shop BB Cream.
- BRTC Jasmine Water BB Cream.
Image Sources: 1.