Being an actress is not at all easy. It seems a cakewalk for most people out there, but being a star and maintaining a glamorous image takes hard work, sweat, toil, and grit. Being successful and beautiful at the same time is a mammoth task to carry on the slender shoulders of actresses. In Bollywood, where an actress is judged on the basis of her acting ability, beauty, versatility, glamour, achieving the feat of a true stunner is near to impossible and only some actresses have earned this feat and reached the pinnacle of success. With so many beautiful women out there, in this post, we present before you a list of actresses from Bollywood fraternity who are not only beautiful but are also equally successful by the virtue of their own merit. These beautiful women are unique in their own way, they are gorgeous, glamorous, and super successful. This list has the 10 most beautiful and successful actresses of Bollywood.
1. Madhuri Dixit: Our list is topped by someone who has superseded all boundaries of success. She is India’s self-made superstar whose beauty and acting skills has mesmerized the audience beyond the boundaries of India. Yes, we are talking about the epitome of grace and beauty, Madhuri Dixit. If you have watched the onscreen trailer of ‘Kalaank’, you must have already been bowled out by her gorgeousness.
She is one of the most mesmerizing beauties of Hindi cinema. Madhuri Dixit started her career with Abodh and delivered hits like Tezaab, Ram Lakhna, Prem Pratigya, Dil, Saajan, 100 days, Beta, Khalnayak, Hum Apke Hain Koun, Raja, Dil to Pagal Hai, Pukar, Devdas, Lajja, Aaja nachle. She won more than 25 major awards and 41 nominations. This beauty also won the actress of the millennium in 2000. In Guinness Book of Records Millennium version, she is reported to be the highest paid Indian actress. She has also received other accolades like the Filmfare Special Award for completing 25 years in the Indian film industry. Other recognitions include the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Vishesh Award, the Platinum Diva Award, Raj Kapoor Special Contribution Award and the Vogue Beauty Award. Madhuri Dixit’s life-like wax figure has been unveiled at the London’s Madame Tussauds in the year 2012 which is a massive achievement for any Indian. She is married to Dr. Sriram Madhav Nene, a Cardiovascular Surgeon who is based in USA, but they currently live in Mumbai. Madhuri is also the mother to two sons, Arin and Ryan. She is truly the epitome of feminity and undoubtedly our Bollywood’s Dhak Dhak girl.
2. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: This Bollywood damsel epitomises beauty and elegance and she has represented India at the international level so very often. From conquering the Miss world 1994 title to being one of the most bankable actresses of Bollywood, Aishwarya Rai is a perfect “beauty with brain” combination. She was born into a traditional south Indian family with no roots in Bollywood. Aishwarya was keenly interested in modelling and started doing ad campaigns at a very young age. Finally, with her grand win of the Miss World 1994 title, she placed her footsteps into Bollywood. Rai has starred in films in various languages including Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, and Bengali. She is often cited in media as the most beautiful woman in the world and there is not a hint of doubt about that. Aishwarya made her acting debut with Mani Ratnam’s Tamil film Iruvar (1997) and had her first commercial success with Jeans (1998). Her most well-known performances are in films like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam (1999) and Devdas (2002). These fetched her recognition at an international level and she also bagged two Best Actress awards at Filmfare. Her personal life has also been a matter of great speculation after her breakup with Salman Khan. However, she has let bygones be bygones and got hitched to actor Abhishek Bachchan who was her co-star in “Raavan.” Aishwarya is presently a hands-on mommy to her cute daughter Aaradhya Bachchan and they are often spotted together at events.
3. Alia Bhat: This cute and bubbly actress made her debut with the superhit movie “Student of the Year” in 2012. Since then, she has never looked back and has delivered hits after hits every year. Her much-hyped new movie “Kalank” is creating the right kind of noise in tinsel town and she is already being lauded for her work. Alia Bhat is riding high both professionally and personally with Ranbir Kapoor on her side.
4. Priyanka Chopra: She is the present face of Indian beauty on a global platform. It will be wrong to call her successful just in Bollywood. She has achieved immense success in Hollywood as well without the presence of any sugar daddies. Hats off to her level of hard work, determination and perseverance!! This Quantico star is also a former Miss World title holder and has made our country proud on an international platform. Priyanka also has a very impressive career graph in Bollywood which began right after her pageant title victory. During her career, Chopra has received one National Film Award and four Filmfare Awards. She made her Bollywood debut with The Hero in 2003. This was followed by the hit flick Andaaz, for which she won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut. She subsequently earned critical acclaim for her performance in Aitraaz (2004). She has also been a part of many commercially successful projects Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (2004), Krrish (2006) and Don (2006). Priyanka’s new beginning started in Bollywood when she earned her the National Film Award for Best Actress and the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her film “Fashion.” She has also acted in a number of movies in Hollywood and recorded a few songs. It won’t be wrong to say that she is another actress who can be given the title of “beauty with brains.” With so many accolades, she can definitely be termed as one of the leading contemporary actresses of Bollywood.
5. Deepika Padukone: She is the current reigning queen of Bollywood with a midas touch. She is also one of the highest paid actresses in the industry. Deepika is regarded as the symbol of beauty and acting in India. She is the daughter of former badminton champion Prakash Padukone. She appears mostly in Hindi films. She has even tried her luck in Hollywood and performed decently well there. Padukone started her career in Bollywood with the movie “Om Shanti Om” for which she earned Filmfare Best Female Debut Award. She is a powerhouse of talent and has delivered back to back movie hits since 2013. Deepika has featured in commercially successful movies like “Goliyon ka rasela Ramleela”, “Chennai Express”, “Bajirao Mastani”, “Padmavaat” and earned unanimous critical appreciation for her performance. We are currently awaiting her upcoming release “Chhapaak” which has already created a stir in the Indian media. Deepika has a huge fan base in India and abroad and her high-profile wedding to famous actor Ranveer Singh adds more star quotient to her name.
6. Kajol: This dusky beauty has earned her place in the hearts of Indian audience with her mind-blowing screen presence. Kajol was born on born into a film-oriented family of Bengali-Marathi descent. Actress Tanuja is her mother. She made her acting debut with Bekhudi (1992) when she was a school student. Post tis success, Kajol quit studies and delivered her first commercial success with Baazigar (1993). She subsequently featured in several blockbusters, including Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001) which are golden movies of all time. She is a recipient of six Filmfare Awards along with her late aunt Nutan who holds the record for best Actress wins at Filmfare. She was even honoured with the Padma Shri for her contribution to Indian Cinema in the year 2011.
7. Kangana Ranaut: She can be counted as the most bold actress of Bollywood and she recently turned a director with the magnum opus “Manikarnika.” She is the reigning queen of bollywood and has earned fans with her outstanding performances as well as fearless and “care a damn” attitude. She made her debut with the movie “Gangster” and slowly and steadily climbed the ladder of success and currently is sitting at the pinnacle like a queen (quite literally).
8. Kareena Kapoor Khan: Kareena is one of the most talented faces of Hindi film industry who has defied that actresses lose the sheen to their stardom after marriage and motherhood. She is still going strong and is probably one of the busiest actresses of Bollywood. Her beauty and rate of success in the industry needs no mention. She was born to Babita and Randhir Kapoor and has an elder sister, Karisma. Being born in the family of actors, there was huge pressure on her to prove herself. Kareena make her acting debut in 2000 film Refugee. Her melodrama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… became India’s highest-grossing film and earned her critical acclaim as an actress. The role of sex worker in Chameli fetched her rave reviews about her acting skills. She is even known for her roles in films Dev (2004), Omkara (2006), Jab We Met (2007), 3 Idiots (2009). Kareena Kapoor is now known as Kareena Kapoor Khan after she got hitched to Saif Ali khan. The couple are also proud parents to baby boy Taimur who is really popular in the media.
9. Anuskha Sharma: Do you know Anuskha Sharma has a clothing line which goes by the name “Nush.” Anushka Sharma made her debut opposite Shahrukh Khan in “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” in 2008 and has starred along with the top heroes in the industry. Anuskha Sharma is a bankable actress whose movies have entered into the “100 crore club” very often. She married Indian skipper Virat Kohli in 2017 and is leading a happily married life.
10. Katrina Kaif: She is one of the prettiest actresses in Bollywood with drop-dead-gorgeous looks. She is originally from London but has gained strong foothold in the tinsel town with her spate of super successful movies. This beauty with a midas touch makes the right choices when it comes to movies and has hardly any flop in her kitty.
Which iconic Bollywood beauty do you like the most?? Let us know in the comments section below. Thanks for reading.