Carrot seed oil is widely used for skin care and we have been seeing it in the ingredient list of almost every skin care product these days. Here, I am going to discuss some other uses of carrot seed oil along with cosmetic uses so that we can be benefit more from this excellent oil.
Details about Carrot Seed Oil:
This is an essential oil. Smell – earthy pleasant smell. Botanical name – daucus carota. Part of plant used to prepare oil – commonly seeds are used but the whole plant can be used to yield the oil.
- Skin – Used as a tonic to protect from sunlight, used to treat hyper pigmentation, wrinkles, stretch marks. This oil has a toning effect on skin.
- Hair – used in hair oil for its tonic feature.
- Digestion – used for weak liver, constipation, anemia. Carrot seed oil has a detoxifying effect on the liver and helps to fight jaundice.
- Breast development – used in massage oil for breast development.
- Immunity – strengthens the mucus membranes in the nose, throat and lungs, hence effective against bronchitis and influenza.
Additionally, it is helpful for treating arthritis, gout, edema, rheumatism and the accumulation of toxins in muscles and joints.
Never use carrot seed oil (or any other essential oil) directly. Always mix them with base oils. Avoid contact with eyes, genital area, and open wounds. Avoid taking it internally during pregnancy, lactation, infants, patients with epilepsy, asthma, heart problems, fever, allergy. Store in a cool and dry, place away from sunlight, heat and children. Never take any essential oil internally without a doctor’s permission, reduce the concentration of usage of carrot seed oil (any essential oil) in children.
Ways To Use Carrot Seed Oil:
- Mix a few drops of carrot seed oil with your favorite face pack and apply it on your face.
- Mix 10-30 drops of carrot seed oil with any carrier oil (olive oil,sesame oil, etc) and massage on the particular area or full body.
- Mix 10-20 drops of carrot seed oil with 50 ml of aloe vera gel, mix well and use it as moisturizer during night time.
Mix 4-5 drops of carrot seed oil in your regular hair oil and use it.
Add 2-4 drops of carrot seed oil in one bucket of warm water and take bath (can be added to foot bath also).
Take a bowl of hot or cold water, add some carrot seed oil in it (1 drop for 100 ml). Immerse a cloth in water slightly, squeeze it lightly and place over the affected area for 10 minutes, repeat the procedure 3-4 times. Use hot water for muscular aches and cold for sprains and headache.
Burners and Vaporizers:
Carrot seed oil can be used in vapor therapy. For fresh and fragrant atmosphere, add 2-3 drops of carrot seed oil in an vaporizer. Also, you can add to spray bottle (4 drops to 200 ml water) and spray.
Hope this article was helpful.
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Beauty Benefits of Sugar
Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits Of Carrots
Carrot and Honey Anti-Ageing Face Mask: Do It Yourself
Banjara’s Carrot Gel
Biotique Bio Carrot Face and Body Sun Lotion
Biotique Carrot Seed After Bath Oil
Yes to Carrots C Me Smile Mint Lip Butter
How To Make Your Own ‘Yes to Carrots’ Pre-Shampoo Treatment