You might have read “salicylic acid” in the ingredients list of deep pore cleansers, acne control face washes, and blemish control skin care products. Salicylic acid is a type of beta hydroxy acid which cleans and exfoliates the pores from inside while alpha hydroxy acids exfoliate the skin from outside. Salicylic is an amazing ingredient to treat skin conditions such as blemishes, acne, dermatitis. Salicylic acid works on the outer epidermis, by opening up clogged pores.
Naturally, salicylic acid is extracted from the powder from the bark of willow tree. It is an amazing exfoliating agent which penetrates deep into clogged pores and dissolves dead skin cells and aids in the shedding of the epidermis of the skin. Salicylic acid is hugely beneficial to treat acne condition. Around 2% to 5% concentration is advised to clear up acne. Since salicylic acid is a bit drying on the skin, you might need to balance it out with moisturizing and calming skin care regimen.
Salicylic acid is also used to treat dandruff since it sloughs off dead skin cells. If you suffer from dandruff condition, consult your doctor regarding salicylic-based shampoos. Salicylic acid is also used in the treatment of other skin conditions such as corns, calluses, and also warts that peel off with regular use. Salicylic acid acts as a keratolytic and in conditions such as warts and calluses, it acts by dissolving the lipids that causes the skin cells to stick together and causes the cells to shed off. Regular use of salicylic acid based medicines helps get rid of calluses and warts completely. Some people might be sensitive to salicylic acid, so a patch test is necessary before using such products. Salicyclic acid can also make skin sensitive to sun, so when you are using such products, make sure you use a broad spectrum sunscreen.
Salicylic acid products might cause some tingling, burning, redness, irritation, or peeling. Dryness and irritation are common during treatment.
Coming to what draws me towards this ingredient – salicylic acid helps to clear acne, scars, and blemishes, and that’s why it’s so widely used in oily and acne-prone skin care products. When topically applied, salicyclic acid reduces acne condition by clearing clogged pores and shrinking the pimple. Salicylic acid based creams, lotions, toners, ointments are easily available in the market. Stronger salicylic acid concentrated ointments are available over the counter, however, you need to consult a doctor before use. However, in cosmetic products, you get the lowest and safest level, so you can go ahead and pick them up, but even then, a patch test is necessary.
So, all you acne, blemishes, scars se pareshan junta, pick up salicylic acid-based products. Giving you a heads-up, here are some of the popular skin care ingredients with salicylic acid:
1. Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel: A blemish-busting acne spot treatment with salicylic acid.
2. Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash Breakout Clearing Foam: Helps clear oils and bacteria on breakout-prone skin. Sloughs off impurities and dead skin cells with salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid that stimulates natural exfoliation to help clear clogged follicles and prevent future breakout activity.
3. Saslic and Saslic DS Face Wash: It gets rid of dead skin on top, so that other medications can get to the skin easily.
4. Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup: Skin-clearing makeup with salicylic acid feels cool and comfortable. Non-irritating, oil-free formula helps cover, clear and prevent acne with a fresh, flawless look.
5. Garnier Pure Active Multi-Action Toner: Double-action formula that contains 2% salicylic acid to remove dead skin cells and help prevent blocked pores.
Best Salicylic Acid-Based Products for Acne-Prone Skin
Saslic and Saslic DS Face Wash
Skin Products for Blemishes
Kaya Skin Clinic Acne Free Purifying Cleanser
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Beauty Benefits of Snail Slime
Beauty Benefits and Uses of Nutmeg
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits