Saffron is an expensive and exotic spice from the stigma of the saffron flower. It is widely used in cooking to add flavour and colour to food. Saffron is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, Vitamin C, iron, potassium, zinc, selenium, folate and many other nutrients. Saffron also has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties, hence its great for acne and pimple-prone skin. Saffron brightens up complexion and makes the skin radiant and beautiful. Saffron when used with milk as a face pack is a very effective whitening face pack. This is because saffron is believed to have skin lightening properties. It is also effective to treat pigmentation and dark patches on the skin. Saffron can also soothe skin inflammations and rashes. Saffron aids in blood circulation and the glow it provides is attributed to this property. Also, it used in face packs to clear off skin tan.
Here are a few saffron-based face packs that would give you radiant, bright, and glowing skin. Do try them at home 😛
1. Take 1 tbsp of besan and mix in 1 or 2 tbsp of milk in which saffron strands have been dipped, make a paste and apply on the face, and rinse off after 20 minutes. Use weekly once to see good results.
2. Soak a few strands of saffron in olive or jojoba oil and massage your face for some time. You would get radiant and smooth skin.
3. This face pack is very effective in clearing tan. To make this pack, you would need 4 to 5 tbsp warm milk, two to three drops of lemon, and some saffron strands. Take the warm milk, add the lime juice into the milk, add the saffron into the milk and mix nicely. Massage this on to the face and neck and leave for 10 minutes before rinsing off. Use this face pack twice a week to remove tan.
4. This is a skin lightening face pack, you can read the detailed DIY by Neha in this post here. For this face pack, you would need 2 tbsp of curd in which two strands of saffron has been soaked overnight. Add in one tbsp of besan to make a thick but smooth face pack. Apply on the face and neck and leave until semi dry or for 15 minutes. Use regularly to lighten skin tone.
5. Soak sunflower seeds and saffron strands in milk overnight. Make a paste of this in the morning and apply it on the face and keep for 20 minutes. Use regularly to get healthy, soft, and smooth skin.
Image Source: 1
Beauty Benefits of Lemon
Beauty Benefits of Tulsi
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Beauty Benefits of Sugar
Beauty Benefits of Seaweed Facial
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
Banjara’s Multani with Saffron Face Pack
RevAyur Saffron Beautifying Gel
VLCC Fair Skin Saffron Massage Gel
Dabur Gulabari Saffron and Turmeric Cold Cream
Forest Essentials Delicate Facial Cleanser Kashmiri Saffron & Neem
Biotique Bio Saffron Dew
Jovees Saffron and Bearberry Fairness Cream