Beauty pageant winners have always ruled the roost in Bollywood, it’s only in recent times that beauty pageants have lost their sheen and the winners disappear into the oblivion without making a mark. Has the miss world and miss universe pageants lost their relevance – I think so! Who watches Miss World live nowadays, not me 🙁 Let’s check out some beauty pageant winners who have shined and sizzled in Bollywood:
1. Dia Mirza: Dia Mirza won the Miss India and Miss Asia Pacific titles in 2000. Though she hasn’t tasted much success in Bollywood, she still makes her presence felt through shows, endorsements, and as a producer. She is one star who has an impeccable style and I adore how she carry off every style with elan.
2. Priyanka Chopra: Priyanka Chopra won the “Miss World” title the same year as Dia Mirza, i.e., 2000. She has slowly yet steadily climbed the Bollywood ladder and now she is a much sought after actress. How many of you are excited to see “Mary Kom.” It seems to be an adaptation of Hillary Swank’s
“Boy’s Don’t Cry,” “Million Dollar Baby,” but then it’s a biopic too – so!
3. Lara Dutta: She won the Miss Universe title in 2000 too – so it was a hatrick for India that year! She too didn’t taste much success in Bollywood though.
4. Sushmita Sen: Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe title in the year 1994 at the age of 18. She had a few hits and a lot of misses in Bollywood. Currently, she runs various businesses and does a lot of charity.
5. Juhi Chawla: Juhi Chawla won the Miss India title way back in 1984. She had a successful run in Bollywood with proving her mettle as a versatile actress over the years.
6. Celina Jaitley: She won the Miss India title in the year 2001. Me not being nasty at all, but she is known more for bad makeup than her films!
7. Gul Panag: Gul Panag was crowned Miss India in 1999. She had an unsuccessful stint in Bollywood and currently she is a political and social activist.
8. Neha Dhupia: Neha Dhupia got the crown of Miss India in 2002. She had done remarkable work in Ek Chaalis Ki Last Local, but nothing substantial after that.
9. Parvathy Omanakuttan: She won the title in 2008 and is currently trying her luck in Bollywood, she has done nothing substantial though.
10. Aishwarya Rai: She was crowned Miss World in 1994 and since then she has been topping “the most beautiful women in the world” charts. It has been a long run and she is known for her beauty and also as a talented actress. The world still chants the name Aishwarya Rai and she continues to mesmerize everyone with her beauty.
Bollywood Actresses Who Seem To Have Undergone Skin Lightening
Bollywood Stars and Their Favourite Lipsticks
Bollywood Actresses With Not So Great Lip Jobs
How To Style Maxi Dresses – Bollywood Style
Bollywood Actresses – Then and Now
How To Take Selfie Like a Star
Makeup Products That Would Make You Look Like A Bollywood Star
Best Bollywood Selfie Clicks
Bollywood Actresses in Anarkali
Bollywood Actresses in Tarun Tahiliani Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Shehla Khan Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Naeem Khan Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Kanjivaram Silk Sarees
Bollywood Actresses in Sabyasachi Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Designer Neeta Lulla Outfits
Bollywood Actresses in Manish Malhotra Outfits
Bollywood Stars and Their Luxury Bags
Wardrobe Malfunctions of Bollywood Stars
Must Have Pieces in Indian Women’s Wardrobe
Top 10 Wardrobe Essentials
Basic Must Haves in Your Wardrobe
How to Arrange your Wardrobe & Accessories
Winter Wardrobe Essentials
Wardrobe Organizing Tips
Five Wardrobe Must Haves for the Indian Woman
Top 5 Must-Have Beige Stuff in Your Wardrobe
Bollywood Actresses in Little Black Dress
Bollywood Actresses in Saree
Bollywood Actresses who Lost Weight
Bollywood Actresses Without Makeup
Makeup/ Fashion Lessons from Bollywood Actresses
Siblings of Famous Bollywood Actresses
Top 5 Bollywood Actresses with Good Makeup: IMBB Survey
Hair, Makeup and Fashion Trends of Bollywood Actresses of 1930′s
8 Best Dressed Bollywood Actresses
Top Bollywood Actresses in Backless Dresses
Towering Beauties of Bollywood
8 Bollywood Actresses who have Undergone Plastic Surgery
Survey Result: Top 5 Bollywood Actresses With Best Makeup
Bollywood Actresses Who Have Had Breast Implants
Top 10 Bollywood and Hollywood Plastic Surgery Disasters
How to Become a Fashion Designer
Fashion Designer Manish Arora
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Designer
Designer Half Sarees: A Rising Trend
15 Tips To Look Slim in Indian Outfits
My Indian Wedding Outfits!
7 Great Tips on How To Wear a White Outfit