The Benefits Of A Facial
A facial is undoubtedly one of the most popular ways of pampering yourself at your favorite beauty salon and perhaps, there is hardly anyone who hasn’t heard about this particular skin treatment. But then, you might be curious to know what is so special about a facial that it is counted as a top choice when it comes to treating and taking good care of your skin! Are you wondering why, after all, you should go for a regular facial session? Is pampering your skin the be-all and end-all when it comes to facials? Well, of course, there are many things more attached to a facial. Read on this article to know the top benefits of a facial.
What is a Facial?
Before we go on to read about the benefits associated with facials, let us first know what exactly is a facial. To be very precise, a facial is a skin treatment that helps to improve the quality of the skin.
Generally, a complete facial session includes the following:
• Skin analysis.
• Skin cleansing and toning.
• Exfoliation of skin.
• Facial massage.
• Application of nourishing creams and face masks.
How Does Facial Promote Healthy Looking Skin?
It is a known fact that a facial promotes a healthy looking skin. But how does it assist you to get a healthy skin? Well, in a facial session, your skin is cleansed so that bacteria and dirt particles are removed. Steaming makes your skin softer and helps to open the pores so that accumulated dirt can be done away with. Exfoliation helps in removing dead skin cells and blackheads. Facial massage helps to improve blood circulation. A soothing mask is applied to soothe the skin. Thus, it is possible to get a healthy and clear skin through a regular facial routine.
The Benefits Associated With Facials
There are hundreds of positive aspects connected with a facial. Here are the top benefits:
• Facial massage helps to relax the facial muscles, encourage lymphatic drainage and improve circulation.
• Facials are beneficial as they detoxify your skin by taking away the impurities.
• Facials aid to hydrate your skin by locking moisture content in your skin.
• The production of collagen is stimulated by facials and skin becomes supple.
• A facial assists in leveling your puckers and makes your facial skin tighter.
• Facials, when done at regular intervals, help to do away with dull complexion and you get a bright skin tone instead.
• Facials are also known to relieve pain and treat water-retention problems with effectiveness.
Benefits Of Top Five Facials
There are thousands of options available for you to choose from; knowing something about the facial types would let you decide wisely. Here is how you can reap the best benefits attached to some of the most well-known facials:
1. Gold facial- It lets you fight against sagging skin, sun damages and toxins. It helps you to acquire an elastic skin with improved lymphatic drainage and a lighter skin tone.
2. Fruit facial- It aims to give your skin a natural glow and firmness by infusing the goodness of anti-oxidants and exfoliating your skin with the essences of fruits.
3. Honey facial- A honey facial has healing properties as it has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties; it helps to heal blemishes and acnes. Collagen and elastin production is stimulated so that you get beautiful and youthful skin naturally.
4. Oxygen facial- It has regenerative properties and revives your skin. By incorporating oxygen infusion in a mixture of ways, an oxygen facial helps to provide a solution to many a skin problem and give your facial skin the much-needed boost.
5. Aromatherapy facial- A variety of curative oils is used in aromatherapy facials to offer relaxation, soothing of skin and exfoliation. Skin congestions are removed and the functions of the skin are improved.
Beauty Benefits of Neem (Indian Lilac)
Skin Benefits of Yogurt
Aloe Vera: Beauty Benefits
Health & Beauty Benefits of Papaya
Chamomile Tea and its Benefits
Health and Beauty benefits of Coconut Oil
Health and Beauty Benefits of Emu Oil
Health Benefits of Tea
Health and Beauty Benefits of Orange
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Mango For Skin: Summer Beauty Benefits
Pumpkin – Health and Beauty Benefits
Health and Beauty Benefits Of Tomato
Banana Beauty Benefits, Applications And Tips
Beauty Benefits Of Watermelon: Summer Skin Care Secrets
Almonds Health and Beauty Benefits
Benefits of Sandalwood (Chandan)
Health and Beauty Benefits of Olive Oil
Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam with Activated Carbon
Nature’s Essence Gold Facial Kit
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Forest Essentials Soundarya Facial Ubtan
Liquid Neutrogena Pure Mild Facial Cleanser
All About Facial Peels
28 thoughts on “The Benefits Of A Facial”
Hey Somreeta very useful article… i have done facial just once and i was just thinking should i go for it on a regular basis or not but now i will surely add it to my regular beauty regime…. :yes:
Good one :thanks:
Thank you Vani!!!! 🙂
i never get facials done.. :((
okay!! i get it done every one month though ideally it should be every 21 days!! 😉 why dont you try out? im sure u gonna like it :toothygrin:
i tried during my marriage. I kinda dnt trust the strokes of masseurs too much. i guess I must find someone good. :)) It’s super relaxing na.. 🙂
yes…provided u get it done by expert hands….!!! the best part is that the accumulated dust within the pores are cleaned so well….!! the best time is when a soothing mask is applied and ur eyes are covered with wet cotton pads 🙂
Nice info somreeta. Thanks a lot! I didnt knw that facial is so beneficial. I used to get facials done jst twice a year or so. Wil surely get it done more often.
yes Payal…esp because we lead a hectic life and the dirt and pollution dat our skin suffers from…..its really great to combat that! :makeup: :makeup:
:worship: so helpful
thankkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: I had no idea that a facial has sooo many benefits!!!
Now I’m excited and want to get one done. :dumb:
And now I will :jaiho: :jaiho: :jaiho: . Bcoz your articles are all so useful! :puchhi:
oh Pragnyadeepta :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: :puchhi: thank u and i hope u find it really useful as u start following the regime!!
:teddy: :teddy: :teddy:
And I will!! Without a doubt! :haanji:
I would love to get a natural facial without the chemicals but it’s hard to find and spas are also very expensive for massages and all . I don’t know how to look for affordable spas in my area . :bowl:
where do u live???? why dont u ask your frnds???
never got one myself! :-/ :-/ a friend of mine insists that facials make people look older n more mature…so i never bothered. :nababana:
thats a myth Tinkerbell!! facials to look people mature and older? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: i dont think so!!!
I had one done during my wedding- uske baad kabhi nahi kiya 🙂 but I had loved the feeling 😀
hehe……….. :teddy: :teddy:
Thanks for this..I always have a tough time deciding which facial to do when I go to the parlour (btw, i do tend to get bored at the end of it ‘cos i just can’t lie there doing nothing with a face pack on my face..ya ya its supposed to be relaxing but i just get so bored :jalwa: :jalwa: )
for Combi/oily skin would you folks recommend the fruit facial? I am a little skeptical when i go becos I think they are trying to sell me the most expensive ones 🙂 :whistle:
Hmm.. you probably have the workaholic bug or ‘too much thinking’ bug 😛
For me, it would be a nice time to catch on the sleep that I keep on missing.. Aadhe ghante araam se so jaao O:)
wohi tho..restless bug is more like it. its like a chore I have to get done with 🙂 the music is too loud sometimes with telugu songs (no offence meant but i dont understand the language) or the a/C is too much or those women are talking really loudly..for me its getting over with the facial..
LOL Aruna…..that was so funny :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: facial is like a chore???? 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
I did a Skin Brightening Facial last month, thats around 1600, that parlour lady convinced me enough to choose that one.. she told its advanced this that…
But it was not that much effective at all, it was like normal facial only, my face got cleaned up thats it 😐
:thanks: for your article, next time i will go for Fruit Facial :snicker:
yes Shami…it is equally important that u dont get carried away coz ultimately, spending so much is not worth it!!! give fruit facial a try 🙂
There’s a new kind of facial called bio whitening…has anyone tried it? Claims to treat every face area differently so as to give the face a uniform color… any reviews? ?:)
im not sure ayesha!! 🙁
IMBBians…help!! :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting: