If you’re a bride-to-be, you will know just how important it is to know about all that is out there in the beauty world that can make you look beautiful and radiant on your wedding day. Apart from investing in the right makeup and skincare products, it is quite well known that some beauty rituals are essential to prep your skin and to make you look fresh and radiant on that special day. Facials are often the topmost choice among this long list of beauty rituals that you can opt for. Of course, even if you’re not a bride-to-be, getting a nice and relaxing facial is always a good idea!
The most important thing to keep in mind is to opt for a facial ritual that is meant for your skin type. Because if you have oily skin and you get a facial that is deeply moisturizing and is meant for dry skin, then things could go quite wrong. So, let’s take a look at the 7 different types of facials that you can go for, and which one is meant for what skin type and concern.
1. Gel-based facial: If you suffer from oily or acne-prone skin (or even combination skin), then a gel-based facial will work well for you. It is gentle and effective, and helps take away any excess oils and restores a soft, nourished and fresh look to your skin.
2. Facial using essential oils: There are a lot of essential oils, such as almond oil, grapeseed oil, virgin cold-pressed coconut oil, etc., that are being used in facials nowadays. These oil-based facials are extremely nourishing and replenishing. Needless to say, these facials are the best choice for those with dry and dehydrated skin. A relaxing facial massage using these oils is often a necessary indulgence!
3. Facial using a mud mask: If your skin is mostly normal, with no particular skin concerns, then a facial that uses a mud mask and deep cleanses your skin is a good option. This will cleanse, clarify and renew your skin cells, giving you that natural glow.
4. Hot steam facial: If you have problematic skin and you’re often plagued with blackheads, whiteheads and clogged pores, then a hot steam facial will give you that much-needed face cleanup. The steam facial can be followed up with the extraction of the blackheads and whiteheads, and gentle exfoliation to unclog your pores.
5. Microdermabrasion Facial: For the microdermabrasion facial, you will need to make an appointment with a dermatologist. This is an expert technique to remove the topmost layers of your dead skin to reveal the underlying skin cells. If you have dull and sallow looking skin, then this is your best bet.
6. Chemical peel facial: Chemical peel facials typically incorporate some acids such as salicylic acid, glycolic acid, etc., to give your skin all the healing it needs. If you suffer from acne, sporadic zits, blemishes, etc., this is a good method to calm your skin down so that it looks its best on the special day. For this, too, you will need to book an appointment with a dermatologist.
7. Fruit-based facial: Fruit facials are very common and very gentle on the skin. If you have sensitive or allergy-prone skin, opt for a fruit-based facial. There’s nothing like the magic of a DIY facial that makes use of some incredible kitchen ingredients like the peels and pulps of fruits and veggies.
How To Do Fruit Facial At Home
5 Easy Skincare Tips For Would-Be Brides
10 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Bridal Makeup Artist
Bridal Makeup Kit with Lakme Products
Homemade Facial for Crystal Glowing Skin
Tomato Facial For Dull and Oily Skin with Pictures
Nature’s Essence Bridal Glow Pack
7 Post-Wedding Skin Care Tips to Keep the Glow Alive Even After The Wedding Blues!
How To Make Bridal Makeup Kit with MAC Products