There are superfoods and then there are “green” superfoods that are loaded with nutrients, low in calories, and boost metabolism – all leading up to effective weight loss. Including these green things in your diet would also improve your hair and skin, and overall health as well. So, here’s the list of 14 Best Green Superfoods to Boost Weight Loss.
1. Spinach: Get a good dose of antioxidants, fiber, iron, calcium, minerals, and vitamins through spinach. Find out how you can lose weight with Spinach in this post. Additionally, spinach has naturally-occurring thylakoids that decrease a person’s liking for sweet and high fat food, so it’s a win-win situation with spinach in your diet.
2. Matcha Green Tea: It is believed that matcha green tea has 137 more antioxidants than regular green tea. It is also low in calories, doesn’t spike insulin, and boosts metabolism. Just one tbsp of matcha green tea in your glass of smoothie is enough to get all its amazing benefits.
3. Wheatgrass: Rich in nutrients, low in calories, like all other green foods, it boosts metabolism and aids weight loss.
4. Spirulina: It’s rich in antioxidants and a popular superfood, with anti-inflammatory properties. It has many nutrients, from folate to iron, and a majority of B vitamins. Like matcha green tea, adding just 1 tbsp to a glass of smoothie is enough to make it nutritionally dense and to burn fat.
5. Celery: Scores of people vouch for the efficacy of celery juice in weight loss. Celery juice is credited with detoxifying properties and also in reducing inflammation. Here’s how you can make a detox drink with celery.
6. Moringa: These leaves are widely used in traditional medicine since they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They have also been found to encourage fat burning.
7. Avocado: Studies have found that the healthy fat content in avocados help burn the stubbornest of fat – the “belly fat” with its oleic and monosaturated fatty properties.
8. Green Tea: Antioxidant properties of green tea help boost weight loss and caffeine content improves metabolism and help burn more calories.
9. Chlorella: The high protein content in chlorella (which is a type of algae) helps with burning of fat, and the rich vitamin and minerals nourish the body and improve metabolism.
10. Coriander: Quercetin, which is a strong antioxidant, mobilizes fat to be used up as energy, and it is abundantly found in coriander leaves, along with other antioxidants.
11. Kale: It’s an extremely weight-loss friendly food and a lot of people include it in their detox juices. Kale is a nutrient-rich, water-dense green food that also has fiber which curbs appettie.
12. Lettuce: Rich in fiber and fat, low in calories, nobody ever gained weight with lettuce in their sandwiches.
13. Cucumber: It’s a water-dense vegetable, low in calories, and a good way to add more hydration to your body. An average-sized cucumber has only 24 calories, and that’s why you can snack on it without any guilt on a calorie-restriction diet.
14. Broccoli: It’s a water-dense food which is also low in calories. The fiber content keeps you full for longer and curbs appetite.
Now that you know about all these amazing green superfoods, find how you can include these green superfoods to lose weight on the Rati Beauty weight loss diets on the Rati Beauty app.