When we desperately want to shed some extra pounds, we look for every small way to accelerate the fat-burning process, from drinking detox teas to including thermogenic foods – some may help a bit and some may absolutely not, but that does not deter us from trying out new ways. However, let us tell you straight away – only a healthy weight loss diet (for example, on Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app) and regular exercise can target unwanted pounds and get to your goal weight, rest of the factors are well insignificant or of little importance, but setting up a good morning routine does help to put into motion the weight loss process, kickstarting metabolism, and setting the pace for the rest of the day so that you would continue burning calories. If you want to lose a few extra kilos, you must be prepared from the very beginning of the day. In this post, we will share a perfect morning routine to follow for weight loss in this post:
1. Wake up Early But Not Before Getting your Mandatory 7 Hours of Sleep: To prepare your mind and body for a healthy day ahead, it is important to have a relaxed morning and for that you need to wake up a bit early, but not before getting your mandatory 7 hours of sleep because sleep deprivation is strongly linked to weight gain. Waking up early helps to reduce stress and stress-related weight gain. Keep your phone away in the night and get sound sleep for 7 hours straight. Waking up at around 5 or 6 in the morning is hugely beneficial because you will have enough time to go for a walk, meditate and even workout. Obviously, you must have heard the saying, “early to rise, early to bed – makes a person healthy, wealthy, and wise.” Getting up early can also save you from planning and cooking a healthy breakfast and save you loads of calories from easy-to-bite-into breakfast options such as bread/jam and packaged cereal mix. So, do make use of the alarm function on your phone and wake up along with the sun.
2. Start with a Warm Glass of Warm Water First Thing in the Morning: Swap your regular cup of tea/coffee with a full glass of warm water to rehydrate the body and help flush out toxins.
3. Get Some Sunlight: Now that you are up and about, let the sunlight into the room or better, take a stroll outside in the open air. Studies have pointed out that vitamin D deficiency leads to weight gain and there’s no better way to make vitamin D than to get a good dose of early morning sunlight. Vitamin D boosts weight loss and natural sunlight kickstarts metabolism.
4. Do a bit of workout: Since you woke up early, why not go for a jog early in the morning or do some stretching exercises or yoga. If you think that it’s a bit too much and you cannot go to the gym for workout early in the morning, you can do home workout, check out some amazing fat-burning exercises on the Rati Beauty app that can be done in the comfort of one’s home, and you need to squeeze just 15 to 20 minutes to do them. You can also exercise or dance at home playing your favorite music. This will refresh your mind and prepare your body to burn calories through the day.
5. Drink Some More Water: Drink as much water as possible in the morning. Water is a calorie-free drink and hydrates the body, helping it to function smoothly, and also essential for the fat-burning process to keep going. You can also sip on green tea after that initial glass of warm water.
4. Prepare your Weight Loss Meals in Advance: If you wanna lose weight, you should absolutely eat a healthy, protein-rich breakfast. Protein is a macronutrient that keeps you satiated for long, burns more calories with its thermogenic properties, and helps build lean muscle, along with curbing appetite and unnecessary hunger pangs. All such breakfast options are up there on the Rati Beauty app, do check them out. Utilize the morning time to prepare a healthy breakfast instead of opting for sugary treats or junk food. Also, it would not take much time to prepare lunch from your weight loss diet since you woke up early.
9. Start Tracking your Activity, Set a Target of 10,000 Steps: You can burn considerable amount of calories each week by making sure you are on the feet for most pat of the day, and keeping a target of 10,000 steps can help burn up to 0.5 kg a week. Set a target of 10,000 steps for the day, and start moving from the moment you get out of the bed. If you find 10,000 steps too much, start by setting a goal of 5000 steps and gradually increase the target to 10,000 and more and nothing can stop you from losing weight.
10. Make plans for the day: Sit down for a while and chalk out a schedule for the day. Organize the chores you have to do through the day and make a to-do list so that you can make use of your time judiciously. At the end of the day, you will be surprised to find out you have finished most of the to-do chores and a little more, and it’s a good activity to relieve unnecessary stress associated with not finishing mundane chores. As we have mentioned previously too, stress is a major roadblock that can completely stall the whole weight loss process and you should find every tiny way to break the stress, and organizing things first thing in the morning does help a great deal.
Oh, and also do remember to weigh yourself in the morning to get motivated, stay on track, and work harder on yourself. Hope these tips would help you set a morning routine for yourself that would lead to successful weight loss.