Hope you’re all doing well. This post is all about different shampoos that you could use if you want your hair to retain its natural dark colour. Many of us are in the habit of washing our hair quite frequently. And, of course, one can’t be blamed for that. The high levels of dust and pollution in the air make it almost necessary for the hair to be washed with shampoo a few times a week. However, there is a downside to this routine of thorough cleansing. Shampoos typically contain harsh chemicals that not only strip our hair and scalp of their natural oils but they also damage the hair and fade away its colour. With that in mind, it’s important to look for shampoos that don’t take away the dark colour of your hair and also help make it darker. I have compiled a list of the best shampoos available in the market that can help retain the dark shades of your hair. These shampoos also work really well for coloured hair, as they help guard the colour of your hair against the damaging effects of hair washing. Let’s take a look at which ones these are.
1. Matrix Biolage Colour Care Shampoo: This is a very mild and gentle shampoo that is designed for those with dark hair or coloured hair. This is a great choice for those who wash their hair very frequently. This colour care shampoo restores the colour and shine of your hair, while making sure that it feels soft and smooth.
2. Dove Advanced Care Color Repair Therapy Shampoo: The name of this shampoo says it all. Dove is known for its mild and gentle shampoos and cleansers, and this product is no exception to that rule. This shampoo is formulated with an ultra-mild cleanser to ensure that you are left with very soft hair and that the colour of your hair remains dark and intact.
3. Batiste Dry Shampoo for Medium Dark Hair: The brand Batiste has truly established itself in the realm of dry shampoos and the best part is that it is now available in India. Dry shampoos really come in handy in the case of our rushed and hectic lifestyles. If your hair feels greasy and dirty and you absolutely don’t have the time to wash it, then all you need is a few sprays of this excellent dry shampoo. Unlike most other dry shampoos, this comes with a specialized version for hair of different colours. It adds to the colour of your hair (dark, in this case) and does not leave any white residue in your hair (which is what most other dry shampoos do).
4. Aveda Black Malva Shampoo: Although this shampoo is priced on the higher side, this is an absolutely excellent choice for those who want their shampoo to make their hair darker. Made with black tea and the super moisturizing black malva, this shampoo is crafted for dark hair. It will leave your hair feeling super soft and it will actually make your hair dark in colour. It is worth the money.
5. Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo: Garnier is a great brand for hair products, especially if you’re on a budget. This shampoo promises to make your hair soft and smooth by working its magic deep into the hair shaft. It will guard your dark hair against any loss of colour and will restore its shine to make it look darker and richer.