WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
As we grow older, our priorities change and we tend to become ignorant towards our daily skincare regime. You all might have seen your moms who mostly fall into this category. Our mothers don’t bother much about their looks and skin at this age. As we mature, our skin also grows old. Despite your skin type, rough texture, dull complexion, prominent wrinkles and sagging skin is what most of the women in their 50s experience. I won’t say that you can completely get rid of all these issues, but yes, with proper care and by choosing the right products, your skin can regain its radiance. Today, I’ll share some skin care tips for women who are touching their 50s.
Skin Care Tips:
• Menopause affects a woman in many ways, skin being one of them. Due to dropped estrogen levels, the production of collagen deteriorates resulting in drier skin than ever before.
• The regular CTM routine needs to be followed but with one change – toner needs to be replaced with a treatment.
• A mild cleanser should be preferred at this age. You can choose cream based cleansers that do not rip off the skin’s natural oil. Follow this with a treating serum would be a good idea. Consider incorporating retinol based, Vitamin C rich or licorice extracts based serums at night.
• Due to extra dryness, skin requires frequent moisturization. Products rich in antioxidants, hyaluronic acid and peptide are advisable.
• Do not forget to protect your skin from sun rays. Use a good sunscreen with high SPF.
• Take extra care of your eyes. Choose a product containing collagen boosters such as glycolic acid or retinoids.
• Exfoliation is very important as we need to take off that flaky, dry skin. Using a gentle scrub is enough at this age.
• Choose your skincare and makeup products wisely. Do not pick products containing harsh chemicals.
• Follow your skincare regime religiously. Don’t neglect yourself at this age.
La Roche-Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel
Pond’s Luminous Clean Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
Aveeno Positively Ageless Daily Exfoliating Cleanser
Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser
Vichy LiftActiv Serum 10 Youth Enhancing Serum
Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Serum
L’Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 Renewing Anti-Aging Serum
Revlon Age Defying Deep Re-shaping Face and Contour Serum
L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
L’oreal Youth Code Rejuvenating Anti-Wrinkle Concentrate
Ponds Age Miracle Anti Ageing Tinted Moisturizer
Olay Regenerist Revitalising Eye Serum
With this, we come to an end of my skincare tips for each age group. I hope these articles will be useful to you all! I’ll be back soon, until then age gracefully .
Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Tips for Women in their 40s + Product Recommendations
12 Skin Care Tips Every Woman should Follow in her 30s + Best Product Recommendations
Skincare Habits to follow in 20s to Get Amazing Skin for the Rest of your Life!
The Best Skin Care Tips for Teenagers + Product Recommendations
7 Ways to Save Your Arms from Tanning in this Scorching Heat
8 Tips to Help You Save Your Makeup from Melting Off
OOTD : 50s Inspired Vintage Skirt
Makeup Guide for Women in Their 50s
MAC Quite Cute Nail Polish Photos + Recommendations