We know already that tanned skin is the result of exposure to the damaging UV rays of the sun, and it is often accompanied by redness and inflammation on the skin. This is why it is necessary to take special care of tanned skin. In this post, I will take you through a simple and effective skincare routine for tanned skin. Let’s take a look at what it is.
1. Use a very mild and gentle milk-based cleanser: For starters, it’s important to keep your skin clean, but it’s also equally important to stay away from harsh cleansers and soaps that strip your skin of moisture. You could use a DIY face cleanser using cold raw milk and gram flour. This will clean your skin, lighten your skin tone by removing the dead cells and tan, and it will also soothe and nourish your skin.
2. Use a DIY face scrub with lemon juice and sugar: Instead of regular face scrubs, you can use a mixture of lemon juice and sugar to exfoliate your face. This will get rid of the tan and remove dead skin cells. You could add a little bit of olive oil or honey to this scrub to make it more hydrating.
3. Treat your skin to a papaya mask: Papaya is very effective when it comes to soothing tanned skin and it aids the process of tan removal. Make a paste by mashing the pulp of ripe papaya and apply it to your skin like a face mask.
4. Apply a de-tanning face mask: In addition to the nourishing papaya mask, you should also use another face mask to aid tan removal. You could use something simple like yogurt and gram flour (besan), or prepare a mask by mixing effective tan removing ingredients like tomato juice, potato juice and lemon juice with yogurt.
5. Apply aloe vera gel regularly: Aloe vera is one of the best natural ingredients to treat tanned skin. It cures a range of skin concerns related to tanned skin. Make sure to apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel on your skin 2-3 times a day. This will hydrate and soothe the skin while also promoting collagen production and skin cell regeneration.
6. Use a deeply hydrating moisturizer: Tanned skin is often dehydrated and is in dire need of hydration, which is why a deeply restorative moisturizer is a must as part of your skincare routine.
7. Never skip the sunscreen: While you’re treating tanned skin (and even otherwise), make sure that you’re wearing sunscreen all the time (even indoors—during the day time) to prevent further damage to the skin.
8. Make use of essential oils: It’s very important to provide extra hydration to tanned skin, as the skin is inflamed and damaged. You can supplement your moisturizer with essential oils like jojoba oil, avocado oil, olive oil, rosemary oil or coconut oil.
9. Apply cold raw milk on the skin: In order to aid the tan removal process, you could simply take some cold raw milk and apply it to cleansed skin using a cotton ball. Do this 3-4 times a day and you will see the difference within a day or two.
How To Detan Skin Quickly
8 Home Remedies to Detan Feet
9 Best De-Tan Creams in India
6 Best Tan Removal Face Washes in India
10 Creams to Remove Tan from Hands
How to Get Rid of a Stubborn Body Tan and Achieve Flawless Skin
DIY 3-Ingredient Face Pack to Get Even Skin Tone Quickly