WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Excited after getting that new tattoo? If you love your new tattoo, you should take proper care of your tattoo. When it comes to tattoo, people place huge importance on the design, but post-tattoo care should be looked into equally. If you take proper care, it will help your tattoo stay for longer time and also maintain the crispiness and sharpness of your tattoo. You need to understand that tattoo also ages when you age and proper aftercare will only decide the future and shelf life of your tattoo. Thus, in order to cover and protect your tattoo and elongate the life of tattoo, you need to use correct set of products. So, let’s have a look at what’s the best Thing To Put on a New Tattoo.
1. Tattoo Cleansers: It is best to go with your tattoo artist’s advice when it comes to tattoo cleanser. Ask him what tattoo cleanser you should use. Also, avoid using fragrant and colored cleansers. It is best to use tattoo cleansers which are exclusively meant for tattoos only.
2. Soap: For soap, use any good-quality soap. You can use soaps from Dove or Neutrogena. Avoid using soaps which have higher degree of chemical content in them.
3. Petroleum jelly: For the initial 2-3 days, use petroleum jelly. Vaseline is a non-comedogenic product and it won’t clog your pores or cause infection. This will also fasten your healing process.
4. Moisturizers: After 2-3 days of getting inked, you can go ahead and apply regular moisturizers from any other brand, like Lubriderm, Aveeno, Curel and Eucerin. The most important point is whatever product you choose for your tattoo, it should be fragrance free and should not have any additives.
5. Coconut Oil: Polynesian people widely use coconut oil on their tattoos. They believe that this will increase the shine on their tattoos, but many people and even skin experts claim that coconut oil replenishes and moisturizes your skin and thus you should coconut oil after 7 days of getting tattooed, but of course there is no scientific evidence to the same.
6. Some of the best products to be used on your tattoo as a part of healthy after care are as follows –
Brooklyn Grooming Old School Tattoo Balm: This is a natural and hand-made skin regenerating balm which contains vitamin E oil. This has skin healing properties which is known to fasten your tattoo healing process.
7. CeraVe Healing Ointment and Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment: These are lightweight ointments which help quicken up the healing process of your tattoo.
8. Benton Snail Bee High Content Lotion: This product contains higher level of hyaluronic acid and this has caught the tattoo world by storm. Many people believe that this product has exceptional skin healing properties especially when you get tattooed.