WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Do you know that one of the deep-rooted causes of hair loss is nutritional deficiencies? When you don’t focus on having a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, your hair health suffers badly resulting in lacklustre texture and severe hair loss. We do agree that age, genetic factors, hormonal imbalances play a significant role in harming your hair, but if internal factors are to be considered, nutritional deficiencies are the main cause of hair fall. Some vitamins are excellent for hair growth and helps to curb hair loss. Consuming these vitamins either in the form of food or vitamin supplements help to improve the quality of hair. In this article, we will address the problem of hair loss and will tell you about the best vitamins that you would need to consume in order to keep the hair fall rate under control. So, let’s gets started and find out what is the best vitamin for hair loss.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is the most important vitamin for growth of any cell and this includes hair too. Vitamin A aids in hair growth which is the fastest growing tissue in the body. This vitamin helps skin glands to produce an oily substance called sebum. Sebum moisturizes the scalp and improves the quality of hair. When your diet lacks vitamin A, you start experiencing problems with hair fall. You can find Vitamin A in sweet potatoes, egg yolks, dried apricots, mango, tomatoes, butter, carrots, pumpkins, cheese, green leafy vegetables, milk, fish, spinach and kale. Animal products like as milk, eggs and yogurt and code liver oil are rich sources of vitamin A. You can also consume vitamin A rich supplements.
- Vitamin C: Ever wondered what causes your hair to grey prematurely? Well, it is the deficiency of Vitamin C in your diet. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect all tissues against oxidative damage caused by free radicals. These free radicals cause your hair to grey prematurely. When you intake a rich vitamin C diet, your body starts to absorb iron from the food which is needed for hair growth. It also helps in the production of collagen, which is essential for maintaining the structure of your hair and repairing any damage. All citrusy fruits are rich in vitamin C, for example, strawberries, kiwi, orange, Indian gooseberry, papaya, pineapple, watermelon. Peppers, broccoli are also have good vitamin C content.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin is specially needed by people who suffer from alopecia, a severe condition where bald patches on the scalp develop from severe hair fall. Have you seen tiny pores on the scalp from where hair growth occurs? These are known hair follicles and Vitamin D just helps to stimulate new hair follicles resulting in dense hair growth. You can get vitamin D through direct contact with the sun’s rays. Other than that, foods like fatty fish, soy milk, sausages, cod liver oil, some mushrooms and fortified foods also contain good amount of Vitamin D. You can also consider having supplements rich in Vitamin D as a substitute.
- Omega-3: Nobody can deny the usefulness of Omega-3 fatty acids in hair growth. These fats are the perfect agent to nourish and thicken the hair. They also work to reduce the inflammation of the roots which often causes hair loss. Omega-3 is found in tuna, white fish and eggs, among others. You can also take Omega-3 supplements if you don’t consume oily fish.
- Vitamin E: There is a similarity between how vitamin C and vitamin E work for hair, both protect cells and tissues against oxidative stress. It also helps in stimulation of capillaries, improve blood circulation on the scalp and further aids hair growth due to anti-inflammatory properties. Vitamin E is generally found in Sunflower seeds, almonds, spinach, pumpkin and avocados. In addition to that, Vitamin E supplements are also found online.
- B-complex Vitamin: Biotin and B5 also collectively known as B-complex vitamins are responsible for keeping hair loss under control as biotin works to repair hair shafts, over shampooing, dyeing and use of heat from drying and styling. Vitamin B5 helps to stimulate adrenaline levels in glands which in turn, help to stimulate hair growth. They also help to create red blood cells, which carry oxygen and nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles which stimulates its growth rate. You can also find biotin rich shampoos along with Vitamin B5 which can also be absorbed from food or supplements. In addition, you can also find Vitamin-B in food items like eggs, meat, papayas, oranges, beans and poultry.
- Along with the above list of essential vitamins, minerals like iron, zinc and high-protein foods also play an important role in hair tissue repair, control of hair loss and stimulating hair growth. So, do add them to your diet if you want multiple benefits.
Having talked about a number of essential vitamins for hair, we got to know how each of them perform a significant role in enhancing the quality of hair. Hence, having one type of vitamin and ignoring the other in your diet will cause an imbalance in the levels of vitamins. In this regard, food is the best source to replenish the deficiency of lost vitamins. However, if you want speedy results, then vitamin supplements are always a better option in controlling hair loss. Also, remember excess of anything is harmful, so avoid intake of large doses of vitamins and get them prescribed from your physician. At the end of the day, the best way to add vitamins to your body is to indulge in a balanced, real food-based diet that includes all these vitamins in the right amount.
Hope this article enlightened you with the best vitamins for hair loss. Do let us know about the changes in your hair quality and growth after you incorporate these vitamins in your diet.
How To Take Vitamin C and Vitamin E For Your Skin
Which Vitamin E is Best
How to Reverse Hair Loss Due to Malnutrition
7 Best Hair Products for Bald Spots
8 Effective Remedies for Hair Loss Due to Hard Water
How to Prevent Hair Loss And Breakage Due To Smoothing