In today’s post, I will take you through some easy and effective ways to get rid of acne zits or pimples without leaving any scars. Pimples affect most of us at some stage or the other of our lives, and nothing is more annoying than a pimple that refuses to clear up. However, a lot of the measures that we take to heal the zit can end up leaving a nasty scar on the skin. Therefore, it’s important to pick the right kinds of treatment or remedies to prevent post-pimple scarring. Here are 6 effective remedies to treat pimples or acne without leaving any scars.
1. 2% salicylic acid gel: You can start by cleansing your face using a gel-based cleanser that contains 2% salicylic acid. Follow this up with a treatment gel or solution that contains 2% salicylic acid. Apply it to the pimple or to the affected area and leave it overnight. This will dry up the zit completely and will not leave any scar. This is also a good option for those with dry or sensitive skin, as salicylic acid is not very harsh.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide: For this, you will need a drop or two of 100 per cent pure hydrogen peroxide solution. On cleansed skin, take 1-2 drops of the solution and apply it to the pimple. Leave it on for a few minutes and cleanse with lukewarm or hot water. This will get your pimple to pop almost immediately without any damaging effects. This might sting the skin a little bit, so you will have to endure that.
3. Baking Soda: Instead of the very common toothpaste remedy for pimples, this is the one that you should be trying. Add a few drops of water to some baking soda in order to create a paste. Clean your face and apply the baking soda paste to the affected area or pimple. Leave it on overnight and cleanse with water in the morning. This will help your zit dry up and heal without a scar.
4. Eye drops: Did you know that eye drops can be used as an effective remedy for acne or pimples? However, you will need to use the eye drops that are formulated especially for red or irritated eyes. Take the eye drop solution and apply it to the affected area on a cleansed face. Let it dry naturally on the face, and you will find that it considerably reduces the redness and inflammation of the pimple. If you don’t have access to eye drops, you could also use decongestant nose spray for similar and immediate results.
5. White vinegar: Take a drop or two of white vinegar and apply it to the affected area. Make sure that your skin is cleansed but dry when you do this. You don’t have to rinse this off, so you can let it dry on your skin naturally. This will help reduce the inflammation and help clear up the pimple faster without leaving a scar.
6. Benzoyl peroxide: Any product—such as a cream, gel or toner—that contains benzoyl peroxide aids the healing and clearing up of a pimple without leaving a scar. You can apply the gel or cream to cleansed and dry skin. However, make sure to follow this up with an oil-free moisturizer, as benzoyl peroxide can have a drying effect on the skin and could irritate it further.
15 Best Acne-Fighting Products
Acne Face Mapping and Solutions
Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars
Acne Free Daily Skin Therapy Complexion Perfecting Cream
8 Home Remedies to Fade Burn Scars
Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack For Acne Scars
5 Best Creams for Chicken Pox Scar Removal