In today’s post, I will talk about some essential vitamin and nutrient supplements that you can take for your hair. These nutrient supplements give you long, thick, shiny and healthy hair. If you’re looking to improve the health of your hair—whether it is to reduce hair fall, enhance shine or improve texture—these supplements are the way to go. They address the very vitamin deficiencies that are causing these hair-related problems and effectively improve the health of your hair. Remember, these formulations are marketed by several brands that sell them as supplements in the form of capsules. So, feel free to pick a brand of your choice, but remember to look out for one or more of these ingredients that are targeted to improve the health of your hair. Let’s take a look at what these supplements are.
1. Biotin: Biotin is one of the most commonly-used supplements to improve the health of your hair, skin and nails. You can get an ample dose of this nutrient through foods like egg yolk, yeast and liver. Alternatively, you could opt for supplements.
2. Fish oil: Fish oil is one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids, which is excellent for improving the health and texture of your hair. If you’re a vegetarian, you could explore vegan options for Omega 3 supplements.
3. Zinc: Zinc is one of the most essential minerals that promote the growth of thick, shiny and healthy hair. Make sure to get enough zinc through your diet or opt for a supplement that contains this mineral.
4. B-complex vitamin (Biotin and Vitamin B5): B-complex vitamin supplements serve many important health functions, but they’re also great for good hair and skin.
5. Iron: Iron may not be commonly associated with good hair, but it plays an important role in keeping your hair healthy. Make sure to get enough iron through your diet and supplements.
6. Vitamin C: Vitamin C does more than just boost your immunity. An adequate dose of Vitamin C will significantly boost the strength, shine and quality of your hair.
7. Vitamin D: Healthy hair, strong bones and overall wellness can all be credited to an adequate intake of vitamin D. Make sure that you are getting enough of this vitamin.
8. Collagen peptides: Collagen can do wonders for your skin and hair both. You can opt for collagen powder that can be added to shakes and smoothies, or you could go for collagen peptides sachets.
9. Amla (Indian gooseberry): Amla is a rich source of Vitamin C, and among the many other health benefits that it offers, it has a direct positive impact on the health of your hair.
10. Vitamin A: Vitamin A is often sidelined when it comes to talking about the most essential vitamins required for good health. However, this vitamin offers many benefits and is essential for the growth of healthy hair.
11. Amino acids: Amino acids are an essential component of proteins, which as we know, is what our hair is made up of. Amino acid supplements go a long way in improving the health of our hair.
7 Facts about Biotin and Hair Growth
Organix Biotin & Collagen Weightless Healing Oil Mist
L’Oreal Professionnel B6 + Biotin Inforcer Strengthening Anti-Breakage Shampoo
Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Biotin Volume Conditioner
Supplements for Hair Growth
6 Best Natural Vitamin Supplements for Hair Loss
Best Time to Take Vitamin Supplements
Vitamin: Beauty Vitamins| Beauty Supplements
6 Rosehip Oil Methods to Prevent Hair Loss
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth