Hope you all are doing well. Today I’m back with yet another review and this time it’s a shampoo from our trusted brand Biotique. This brand has always been a saviour for me so when the monsoons started attacking my hair and rendered them frizzy and lifeless, off I went to the store and started looking through the shelves of the Biotique counter to find something good for my hair. The words ‘protein’ and ‘falling hair‘ struck a chord in my heart and the next thing I knew was that the shampoo was sitting beautifully on my washroom shelf. So let’s see how this shampoo fared.
- Bio Sea Kelp has been crafted from components like Natural Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Neem and Bhringraj.
- The Natural Proteins promote hair growth and texture.
- This Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo cures inflammation on hair follicles and rejuvenates it.
- The Neem extract will help you keep your scalp clean like never before and get rid of dandruff.
- Your hair becomes stronger day by day, when this Shampoo is slathered.
- This results in fresh growth in the scalp and the root of the hair gets impetus to grow.
- Suitable for all hair types.
INR 149 for 200ml
My Experience With Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo For Falling Hair:
The shampoo comes in a see through bottle with a green, plastic, flip flop cap which is typical of the brand. The bottle has the product details mentioned on the backside. The flip- flop cap closes tightly and can be good to travel with. The shampoo has a very pretty aqua blue colour to it which I guess, is the representation for the sea kelp present in it. It has a comparatively runny consistency and hence there’s no need to dilute it with water. The shampoo doesn’t lather much which is quite ok with me as ultimately the aim is to cleanse the hair and somehow the fact that it doesn’t lather much makes me quite happy as I feel that there’s no SLS in it and I’m not inflicting much harm to my hair.
It has a really pleasant and refreshing fragrance and I love that feel after a shower. I can feel that it makes my scalp really clean and is quite easy to wash off as well. It does add a lot of volume to my otherwise limp hair and imparts a nice shine which stays till the next wash. However, it doesn’t make my hair soft or silky to touch and obviously, I do not enjoy that. Using a conditioner becomes a must post using this shampoo and a serum is also quite needed to tame the hair and keep fly-aways at bay.
As regards the fresh growth claim I’m not quite sure as I haven’t seen anything like that happening since the time I started using it and I do not feel I would see any such miraculous results either as scientifically no shampoo can do that and hence I feel that the claim is quite far-fetched. Summing up the pros and cons.
Pros Of Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo For Falling Hair:
- Really affordable so one can always give it a shot to see if it works or not.
- Easily available.
- Sturdy packaging.
- No risks of spillage.
- Refreshing fragrance.
- Nice consistency that’s easy to work with.
- Gives a squeaky clean feel to the scalp.
- Contains really few ingredients so obviously the damage to the scalp would be less.
- Imparts a beautiful shine to the hair.
- Adds a good amount of volume.
Cons Of Biotique Bio Kelp Protein Shampoo For Falling Hair:
- Doesn’t lather much, which is a plus for me but many people may not like that.
- Doesn’t make the hair smooth and silky.
- Doesn’t help in taming the frizz.
- The hair regrowth claim is a bit too far-fetched.
Overall, this is quite a decent product if you are on the lookout for a shampoo that’s herbal and adds volume and shine. It really did the job quite well for me and I would recommend it to people who have liked Biotique products in the past. However, the ‘hair regrowth’ claim is quite far-fetched and do not go for this if that’s what you are seeking as no shampoo can ever do that. Only a good haircare regime coupled with a healthy diet can promise beautiful hair. So take care and choose wisely.
Biotique Musk Root Pack For Hair and Scalp Review
Biotique Bio Kelp Fresh Growth Protein Shampoo Review
Biotique Bio Green Apple Fresh Daily Purifying Shampoo & Conditioner
Biotique Bio Bhringraj Fresh Growth Oil Review
Biotique Bio Heena Fresh Powder Hair Color For Dark Hair Review
Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss
How To Make Hair Grow Faster
Supplements for Hair Growth
My Updated Hair Care Routine
Top Secrets For Long, Thick and Shiny Hair