Biotique COCONUT MILK CREAM – Review
Recently I have observed a discoloration of my skin around the T zone area. I would hate to say this but have to admit this is mainly due to the scar marks left after acne. Many of the medications I have used in the past left my skin more irritated than before. Some were greasy and foul smelling as well. So while on my quest to find a suitable depigmentation cream I have come across the Boutiques’ Coconut Milk cream, as it is a herbal product, so I thought to give it a try. Brand Highlight:
- Contains no harmful chemicals.
- Formulated from organically grown pure plant extracts.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances or artificial preservatives.
- Biotique does not conduct cruel tests on animals.
- All made with naturally derived ingredients.
- All Biotique preparations are environmentally friendly and bio-degradable.
What the COCONUT MILK CREAM claims:
It is a Depigmentation and Skin Whitening Cream. It contains extracts of Coconut, Dandelion, Manjishta and natural oils that help in lightening skin blemishes and in depigmentation. Hydrates & even out the skin complexion Its Price: Rs 199/- for 65 grams. Bio COCONUT MILK CREAM Contains (ingredient list obtained from the pack I bought):
- Nariyal (Coco nucefera water) 3.0 %, – it helps to reduce scars and stretch marks
- Dudhal (Taraxcum officinale) 3.5%: – acts as an antioxidant.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia): 2.1% – It is a wonderful rejuvenative to the complexion
- Nimba Kamla (Cirtus limonum) 0.5 %: – It is astringent and detoxifying in nature, and rejuvenates dull skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders
- Badan tail (Prunus amygdalus) 2.0%: – It soothes inflamed skin, moisturizes and provides a healthy glow when used regularly.
- Cream base Q.S
This cream is basically a daily depigmentation cream that is specially formulated to protect the inner skin against melanin to give a more translucent looking skin tone & is meant for external use only. The product comes is a green colored tub, which is very easy to store & carry. I personally love the light coconut fragrance that it imparts & I am quite impressed with the quantity available. The cream itself is light, it easily gets absorbed into my skin but when applied, it turns to be a little greasy on my skin. May be this is due to my oily skin. So I tried using it as a night cream (worked as a skin repairing cream) for nearly a month – not only made my skin soft and smooth but my skin has also started looking young and beautiful. How to Use:
Apply to cleansed skin each morning and evening. Dot forehead, nose, chin and cheeks, then gently massage into the skin, concentrating on the areas to be lightened.
- It has reduced the dark spots and also the appearance of melanin pigmentation on my skin, which gave my skin a healthy glow.
- It is very creamy & moisturizing which made my skin very soft.
- It has even out my skin tone to a great extent.
- I did not notice a single break out after applying continuously for 1 month.
- This is not a Cosmetic Product. It has Therapeutic Properties & is made up of 100% botanical extracts.
- It contains no synthetic fragrances or artificial preservatives
- It is non acnegenic & dermatologist tested
- Only a little amount (25 paisa sized coin) is required to cover my entire face & neck, so this is going to last me for 1year. Also it comes with a self life of 3 years.
- It smells very natural just like coconut oil, which can be unpleasant to some people
- Suitable for all skin types
- It comes in sealed packs – with seals clearly stating do not purchase if broken
- As a bonus, it is very reasonably priced
- This is a little heavy and greasy in terms of moisturisation, so for people with oily skin, it is a strict no no, but can be used as a night cream.
- I would have preferred this in a tube. I have to dip my fingure every time to apply it. Also as the product gets used, it becomes more and more difficult to use. It gets stuck in my nails.
- There were no testers available at the store.
- No SPF content, so does not provide UVA & UVB protection. You have to use a separate sun block.
My rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
Will I re-purchase? Actually I am not sure just because of its moisture content otherwise it is a great product to go with .I would recommend this for dry & normal skin. So all u gals out there, regardless young or old, if you really have trouble skin like uneven skin tone, I recommend that you to use this cream because it really helps and as it is an ayurvedic product, it has no side effects.
44 thoughts on “Biotique Coconut Milk Cream Review”
My dry skin loves milk and cream. Glad this worked for you. 🙂
I would again have to look for an alternative, grrr…
why dear u mentioned ur skin loves milk & cream… n this is all about it… :-)) Give it a try , wil not let u down 😉
Biotique products don’t suit me. :(( Nothing from their range is made for my skin… I get rashes. :((
So i look for alternatives in other skin care ranges he he
ok got it…. :disdain: den miss beauty u certainly have to look for other brand…can understand your pain :pissedoff: he he
Biotique does not suit me also.I have mentioned this in this forum only a few days ago.But I can buy it for my mom.
oh really!!! biotique have sm great products like the toners, lip balms etc….sad it didn’t suit u…. :-(( bt there r other brands too so nothing to worry about…
yeah it can be a great gift to ur mom.. :yes:
🙂 I mostly find something similar in lotus, Himalaya or Aroma Magic. So no complaints. 🙂
Thanks for the post, Sush. I can cheat now. he he:P
Sounds good but I don’t think I’ll like the smell of coconut oil in my face 🙁
yes to sm extent it smells of milk n coconut oil….. :-/ 🙁
So wil suggest not to buy , as the fragnance lingers for quite a long time..
Buy really is a good coice for uneven skin tone… :yes:
Sounds very good!!!
it is indeed… :yes:
hiee! i am an 18 yr old girl of mumbai and i have been a silent reader of your forum from the past few weeks and i really appreciate everyone on this forum..i want to join it (i dunno if by joinin it i can give my reviews or not??)
well actually i cant find anywhere were to join it so was wondering??
ya nd 1 more ques…can someone tell me where to buy biotique products online with price listings given and all…cause i tried their site it just gives some basic information abt their products..
well ya thats it..
oh oh nd 1 more thing!!
i find ur forum the best cause of various reasons!!…they r as follows::
1. ur forum has the best members (u can make out by d comments).
2. it gives info in a very detailed manner…y u bought it,description of it, abt d brand, its pros nd cons nd d bst part is dat in d end u all state whether u’ll b buyin it agin or nt!! (u noe dis thing is absent in a lot of other indian beauty forums)..
sry abt d manner of my response bt i am in a habit of writin ans in coll in dis manner!! haha!
hi mahima welcom to the blog….. :-))do join us…n dont worry about putting up reviews there is no burden as such… rati is very generous & a sweet heart u c…… :-*
n u no wat after being a regular follower u cant stop yurself from sharing ur experiances with us..i can bet upon dat..he he 😀
boitique products r available at pantaloons/bigbazar/any departmenal stores …
N by appreciately d work u made our day really . muaaa………..h. :kissed:
Rati too wil agree…
Agree. Thank you, Sush. :-* :-*
Will mail you, Mahima. 🙂
I was in two minds about this, but Sush, I do not want to add more greasy reams to my large olletion !!!!!!!
he he i understand…. :-(( that’s why even m nt sure of buying it again….wil find a better alternative N let u all know….
Ooooohh… This is so for me!!!! :jump: :jump:
I was eyeing this cream for a while but was waiting for a review…. Sooo glad you did it Sush… Thanks a lot!!!! :-* :-*
Getting this asap!!!! 😀 😀
.-= Mrunmayee´s last blog ..Jovees Gold Eye Contour gel- Review =-.
thx M… 😉 happy it helped u…. 😀
M u have super dry skin na, den this is for u….u’ll like to get drenched in its super creamness…. :drool: he he. check it out and let me know…
I am sure i’ll love it Sush… thanks!!!
.-= Mrunmayee´s last blog ..Jovees Gold Eye Contour gel- Review =-.
Welcome sweetie… :silly:
just wanted to say that the only cream i ever use on my face is biotique coconut milk cream. i have been using this for the past 8 years and it’s the best… i have oily skin, and don’t have even a spot. i apply it every night before bed, afyer cleansing and toning :). i love its smell too!
for sun screen (when i go out) i use pure aloe vera gel, as coconut cream just drips off if you go out of your house after applying it on your face… as u said, it’s a strictly ‘interiors-only’ cream :chic:
wow… just biococconut cream for 8 years.. .. may i lease know ur skin care regime in detail? and ur skin type?
which aloe vera gel do u use?
Hi Rati..I stumbled onto your blog today searching for Fab India product reviews…I always wanted to use the coconut cream…I even went yesterday to buy it but at the last moment dropped the idea…but reading your review I think its worth a purchase…I do love Biotique products but I do not like the mystery ingredients which they have like Cream base or other things but I think it is better than other products in the market…at least we can say it has least amount of chemicals if it has 🙂
hey sush ,
I loved the way u elaborated the product pros, cons n its usage. Lovely i must say !!
I have ben wondering for months which cream I should settle with coz now m in Colg n goin to buy some cosmetics (cream s only ;)) for me . Heard about Biotique n was surfing for the same . Now aftr reading this blog i made my mind to go for it :):)
n ya i would love to b a part of this community ..
I am a 26 yr old working woman. I have been reading your blog for product reviews. I have a slightly uneven skin tone. I have bought biotique’s biococonut cream but havent been using regularly. Please tell me if I can apply it overnight or just in the evening for sometime. I have moderately sensitive skin (normal to dry). can this be used on a regular basis? hope it doesnt contain any bleaching agent.
grt cream. try it u’ll love it. grt review.
Hi you guys,
I’ve been reading IMBB since a couple of months. I really love the way you guys review products. I went by a lot of your reviews and purchased many products which worked for my skin and hair. By the way, I’m Dipika from Hyderabad. I’m starting a new hair care regimen, to grow out my hair.. and I decided to blog about it(inspired by all these pretty women at IMBB) 😀 I’m so excited !! Wish me luck .. <3
Hey Sush … I am raman i am having hyper-pigmentation on my right under eye area … and it is there from last 5 years … after reading this blog i’ve bought this cream and started using from yesterday… I’ve dry skin and this cream is suiting me … lets see if it will work for pigmentation….. but i just loving it 🙂 nice post :heart:
i have an oily skin but i do have alot of acne marks on my face and my skin tone also is not even 🙁 🙁 by reading this review I wanted to buy this bt as reks said that the SA discouraged her to buy it.. now wat shall I do????
Hi i am also an avid reader of ur column bt m confused as to what to use as night cream in winter wheat germ or morning nectar or coconut milk cream?I also have super drrryyyyyyyyyyy skin.
Wen i had gone to buy this particular cream the SA had discouraged me saying this cream is not meant for people with dry skin
Nice review Sush. I tried this cream @ night on squeaky clean washed face but i found
this really hard to spread. Finally i mixed wid a moisturizer n used.
It was my frnd’s cream n i hv combi skin. Wonder if it was just me or whether
the cream was old! :-/
Hi I m Swaha from Kolkata I jus love indian makeup blog :puchhi: ….. lik u all.. :kissing: ..lik da way u all review products with so much detailing….it becomes easier for us to decid befor purchasing something ……. :thanks: to all da sexy ladies…….keep it up :victory2: