WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Biotique COCONUT MILK CREAM – Review
Recently I have observed a discoloration of my skin around the T zone area. I would hate to say this but have to admit this is mainly due to the scar marks left after acne. Many of the medications I have used in the past left my skin more irritated than before. Some were greasy and foul smelling as well. So while on my quest to find a suitable depigmentation cream I have come across the Boutiques’ Coconut Milk cream, as it is a herbal product, so I thought to give it a try. Brand Highlight:
- Contains no harmful chemicals.
- Formulated from organically grown pure plant extracts.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances or artificial preservatives.
- Biotique does not conduct cruel tests on animals.
- All made with naturally derived ingredients.
- All Biotique preparations are environmentally friendly and bio-degradable.
What the COCONUT MILK CREAM claims:
It is a Depigmentation and Skin Whitening Cream. It contains extracts of Coconut, Dandelion, Manjishta and natural oils that help in lightening skin blemishes and in depigmentation. Hydrates & even out the skin complexion Its Price: Rs 199/- for 65 grams. Bio COCONUT MILK CREAM Contains (ingredient list obtained from the pack I bought):
- Nariyal (Coco nucefera water) 3.0 %, – it helps to reduce scars and stretch marks
- Dudhal (Taraxcum officinale) 3.5%: – acts as an antioxidant.
- Manjistha (Rubia cordifolia): 2.1% – It is a wonderful rejuvenative to the complexion
- Nimba Kamla (Cirtus limonum) 0.5 %: – It is astringent and detoxifying in nature, and rejuvenates dull skin. Its antiseptic properties help in treating pimples and various skin disorders
- Badan tail (Prunus amygdalus) 2.0%: – It soothes inflamed skin, moisturizes and provides a healthy glow when used regularly.
- Cream base Q.S
This cream is basically a daily depigmentation cream that is specially formulated to protect the inner skin against melanin to give a more translucent looking skin tone & is meant for external use only. The product comes is a green colored tub, which is very easy to store & carry. I personally love the light coconut fragrance that it imparts & I am quite impressed with the quantity available. The cream itself is light, it easily gets absorbed into my skin but when applied, it turns to be a little greasy on my skin. May be this is due to my oily skin. So I tried using it as a night cream (worked as a skin repairing cream) for nearly a month – not only made my skin soft and smooth but my skin has also started looking young and beautiful. How to Use:
Apply to cleansed skin each morning and evening. Dot forehead, nose, chin and cheeks, then gently massage into the skin, concentrating on the areas to be lightened.
- It has reduced the dark spots and also the appearance of melanin pigmentation on my skin, which gave my skin a healthy glow.
- It is very creamy & moisturizing which made my skin very soft.
- It has even out my skin tone to a great extent.
- I did not notice a single break out after applying continuously for 1 month.
- This is not a Cosmetic Product. It has Therapeutic Properties & is made up of 100% botanical extracts.
- It contains no synthetic fragrances or artificial preservatives
- It is non acnegenic & dermatologist tested
- Only a little amount (25 paisa sized coin) is required to cover my entire face & neck, so this is going to last me for 1year. Also it comes with a self life of 3 years.
- It smells very natural just like coconut oil, which can be unpleasant to some people
- Suitable for all skin types
- It comes in sealed packs – with seals clearly stating do not purchase if broken
- As a bonus, it is very reasonably priced
- This is a little heavy and greasy in terms of moisturisation, so for people with oily skin, it is a strict no no, but can be used as a night cream.
- I would have preferred this in a tube. I have to dip my fingure every time to apply it. Also as the product gets used, it becomes more and more difficult to use. It gets stuck in my nails.
- There were no testers available at the store.
- No SPF content, so does not provide UVA & UVB protection. You have to use a separate sun block.
My rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
Will I re-purchase? Actually I am not sure just because of its moisture content otherwise it is a great product to go with .I would recommend this for dry & normal skin. So all u gals out there, regardless young or old, if you really have trouble skin like uneven skin tone, I recommend that you to use this cream because it really helps and as it is an ayurvedic product, it has no side effects.