I did a small haul last week. Picked new launch products from Biotique (Lip balm) & Lotus (BroadSpectrum sunscreen Lotion)
This is my first post to IMBB 🙂 and I’m happy to start with one of my favorite products- Biotique Bio Berry Lip Balm
Biotique Berry Plumping Lip Balm
Biotique has launched 3 new lip balms. They are priced for 99 Rs.
1. Bio Berry Plumping Lip Balm – Berries are one of nature’s great sources of vitamins and photochemical. This plumping balm restores lip fullness for a voluptuous, bee-stung look and refined lip contours.
2. Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm – Bio Fruit has been the elixir of life since the beginning of time, rich in vitamins, nutrients and skin brighteners. This de-pigmentation balm visibly lightens lips for a fairer skin tone.
3. Bio Aloe Vera Nourishing Lip Balm SPF 30 – This nutrient-rich lip balm prevents and corrects chapped, cracked lips. Protects with SPF 30 UVA/UVB sunscreen.
Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) 1.0%, Indian berry (Coccilus suberosus) 4.0%, Vach (Acoruscalamus) 1.5%, Badam (Prunusamygdalus) 2.0%, Surajmukhi (Helianthus annus) 2.0%, Kusumbhi (Carthamus tinctorius) 4.5%, Til (Sesamum indicum) 5.0%, Erandi (Ricinus communis) 11.0%, Marham base Q.S
What the company claims –
Berries are one of nature’s great sources of vitamins and phytochemicals. This plumping balm restores lip fullness for a voluptuous, bee-stung look and refined lip contours.
Smooth on and around bare lips, alone or under lipstick.
- My lips are dry irrespective of the climate. I was hunting for a lip balm which stays quite longer and non-greasy. Now I found my HG lip balm. 🙂
- Texture is creamy and a little quantity is sufficient to apply on lips. I apply in the morning and even after taking breakfast and lunch, it doesn’t dry on my lips.
- It doesn’t give a waxy look or a glossy look. It does a decent job in soothing dry lips and also leaves a light pinkish shade on lips.
- Combination of this lip balm with transparent lip gloss gives a pinkish tint to my lips which suits my light olive skin.
My lips are brown (: like Guys lips who smoke 😉 After I apply this, it gives a pink hint on my lips.
Pros for Biotique Lip Balm:
- It contains natural ingredients.
- It instantly absorbs in to the skin and keeps lips moisturizing.
- Perfect base for applying lipstick
- Price is 99 Rs. for 16 gm. Its worth paying for the quantity.
- It smells good. Every time I open the tub, it tempts me to inhale the fruit flavor . 🙂
- Gives a light pink shade on the lips. The color doesn’t stay for long time on lips but it keeps moisturizing for 3 – 4 hours
- Shelf life of the product is 3 years
Cons of :
Nothing much to list on cons part. I’m quite impressed with this.
- As like other traditional biotique products, it comes in a small widened tub. I travel a lot. So I personally don’t prefer to use this.
- Bio Berry does not have SPF. These days I’m going on GAGA over SPF 😉 I would be more impressed if it had SPF in it.
- I have thin lips – I picked this flavor because it claims that it plumps lips.
- On the plumping part – I dint see any swelling on my lips.
Rating : :-* :-*:-*:-*. One star I reduced is for packing.
Will I buy it again? Yes Definitely. I would like to try other flavors too.
Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel – Cooling sunscreen
This is a new launch from Lotus with a tag “BroadSpectrum”
What company claims –This BroadSpectrum sunscreen not only protect skins against UVB rays but shields the skin from the more harmful UVA rays and are classified as PA+, PA++, PA+++ depending on the intensity of the protection offered.
There are 2 products one with SPF 20 and other one with SPF 30. I Picked SPF 30 with PA++.
- Calendulla – Prevents skin from drying and inhibits the formation of sun caused wrinkles. It also delays the premature aging.
- Vanilla extracts – soothes and promotes new healthy skin growth
- Ensulizole, Bisdisulizole Disodium, Sulisobenzone
Who can use – Normal to oily skin type
Price – Rs 195/- for 60 gm.
Before starting my review let me tell about my skin type. It’s a combination skin. My T-zone (esp. forehead/chin) is oily. End of the day it becomes oilier. Rest of my face is normal.
I never step out of my house without sunscreen. These days I was using biotique sunscreens. I liked them very much for their fragrance and texture but they made my face oily as soon as I applied them. After reading Cynthia’s review about this Lotus sunscreen gel I wanted to give it a try. Thanks CZ for your review. 🙂
A little quantity is enough for my face and neck. It’s not a running gel, but a creamy base which gets absorbed in to the skin instantly.
Pros of Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel – Cooling sunscreen :
- After applying this sunscreen, I apply thin coat of lotus compact powder. This gives me a natural finish for my yellow-olive based skin.
- This look stays for 4 – 5 hours. Then I get a shiny look, not oily though.
- It doesn’t sting on my face
- It has both UVA/UVB protections with SPF 30. SPF 30 or more is required in hot summers. This one is definitely preferable for summers.
- When it says cooling, I expected something like applying rose/plain water on my face 😉 Instead it gave me a burning sensation for few minutes especially when I apply it around my eyes. I skip this to my eyes
- Quantity is very less for the price.
- Fragrance is not good. It doesn’t smell like vanilla.
I applied lotus sunscreen and dabbed compact powder. So happy to see that my T-zone is not creasing. 🙂
Would I recommend to others – Yes for oily /excess oily skin type
I would rate this as :star: :star: :star: :star: + 0.5