Hi IMBB beauties!
Today I’m reviewing one of the Biotique lip balms with the ‘lightening’ claim. I spotted this lip balm while I was purchasing Biotique under eye sea weed gel and since I did not have many lip balms then I decided to pick it. There were many variants of it- I narrowed it down to this and the aloe Vera one since only these 2 contained SPF. I was curious about the lightening claim so I finally picked this one one.
Price: Rs 99
My experience: It comes in the regular green tub with a screw on lid. It contained another white plastic cover inside which fitted over it loosely like a plate. I threw it away long time back because it was totally unnecessary and very annoying when I used this every time. The white lettering on the tub has also faded as you see from the images- Biotique really needs to improve their packaging.
The texture is a little waxy (Vaseline-like) but becomes sheerer when spread with finger. And it contains very subtle fine shimmer. Moisturization is moderately good, makes lips smooth and overall I found it an above average product. Since it has a heavy texture I like using it as an overnight balm and exfoliating lips next morning to remove the dead cells. It does make lips softer but the tub packaging is such a BIG turn-off that I don’t feel like using it. As for the lightening claim, it did work on my pigmented lips over time but I have very lightly pigmented lips so not sure if it’ll work on very pigmented lips. It has the same fragrance as the morning nectar moisturizer- a little strong and somewhat flowery(but not in an artificial way).
Pros of Biotique Morning Nectar Lightening Lip Balm:
1. A LOT of quantity. I’ve been using it for more than 7-8 months –regularly earlier but not on an off and I’ve barely used 25% of it.
2. Decently moisturizing, makes lips softer.
3. Contains SPF (don’t remember exact figure but <20. The information has also rubbed off so can’t read)
4. Contains very fine subtle shimmer that gives a subtle shiny look to lips.
5. Does cause lightening of pigmented lips to some extent over regular use but not enough to say it lives up to its claims.
6. Priced well for the quantity- lasts a very long time.
Cons of Biotique Morning Nectar Lightening Lip Balm:
1. Packaging – unhygienic tub packaging, lettering on tub fades within a month.
2. Fragrance is a little strong.
3. Doesn’t fully live up to its lightening claim.
4. Texture is a little heavy and Vaseline-like.
Overall verdict:Biotique Morning Nectar Lightening Lip Balm is slightly waxy, decently moisturizing lip balm that lightens pigmented lips slightly over regular use. It is priced decently and comes with a lot of the product in the classic Biotique green tub packaging. One pro is that it contains SPF, overall a good product but packaging needs to be improved.
Will I repurchase: No
Biotique Morning Nectar Nourishing Lotion
Biotique Bio Fruit Lightening Lip Balm
Biotique Lip Balm and Lotus Safe Sun Anti Tan Gel
Biotique Almond Kajal
Oriflame Essentials Hydra Rich Lip Balm
Lipice Lip Balm Lemon
VLCC Anti Tan Skin lightening Face Wash
Lakme Perfect Radiance Skin Lightening Foundation
Have You Used Biotique Morning Nectar Lightening Lip Balm Before? Please Rate in the Box Below: