WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello my lovely ladies,
Today, I am here to show you a simple DIY home mask which would give you instant smooth and glowing skin. Who doesn’t love healthy looking skin? Most of us have some or the other kind of skin issue. The main reasons behind all the skin problems are as follows, pollution, weather, excessive use of makeup/chemicals, hormonal problems, excessive usage of harsh facial washes/creams.
Did you ever notice how beautiful your mother’s skin was when she was around your age? They never used any sort of artificial products on their face. I really feel envious looking at my grandmom’s and mom’s skin. A few things are not under our control, like pollution and weather. There are a few things which we can control, but it’s really difficult to find products which are completely chemical free and in this generation where beauty is considered top priority among all the women, it’s highly impossible for us to go completely natural!! So, we resort to natural face masks which can soothe our skin from all the harshness of the makeup products. I always advise to go for homemade or 100% natural face masks as the store-bought ones have some or the other sort of chemicals. You can make homemade masks with stuff available in your kitchen like – besan, yogurt, honey, olive oil, fruits, milk, cereal, oats, almonds, etc.
Today, I will show you all a simple recipe for smooth skin and also tell you the benefits of these products on your skin. I have oily skin, but for the past year, my skin has been acting up. My skin is oily on the T-Zone and very dry in the chin and jaw line area which makes it very difficult for me to choose the right foundation!
- Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen).
- Natural honey.
- Olive oil.
- Mixing bowl and a spoon.
- Make sure the yogurt is hard and not runny.
How To Make Blueberry Face Pack:
Step 1: Mix the blueberries and yogurt and keep aside.
Step 2: In a separate mixing bowl, take 4 tablespoons of the yogurt mix from step 1.
Step 3: Add 1 tablespoon of raw honey and mix well.
Step 4: Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix well.
If the mixture ends up runny, you can add some more mashed blueberries.
Step 5: Apply the mixture to clean face and let it rest for 20-25 minutes.
Step 6: Massage the mixture on the skin for 2-3 minutes and then wash off the mask with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Don’t apply any soap. You will notice instant smoothness and glow to the face.
Beauty Benefits of the Products Used:
1. Yogurt:It has many healthy enzymes and adds natural oils to the skin. It reduces the pore size and improves the overall texture of the skin besides adding healthy glow. This can be used for acne and scar treatment.
2. Blueberries: It is rich in anti-oxidants which helps to soften the skin, small seeds in it are very gentle on the skin and act as a gentle scrub to exfoliate and remove the dead skin.
3. Honey:It is very soothing, hydrating, moisturizing and has anti-bacterial properties. It can be used for acne and scars and it also adds instant glow to the skin.
4. Olive oil: It has fatty oils which help to add necessary moisture back to the skin. It helps to prevent premature aging of the skin. If you cannot find blueberries, you can substitute it with banana or strawberries or you can also add oats which act as a gentle scrub to remove the dead skin from the top layers.