WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Colorbar Cosmetics Blushes
I have been using Colorbars’ blushes for past 8 months. Time is ripe to do a review on them. Also this post is especially dedicated to Palak from TeenagerWoes who had patiently waited for my review. This one is for you sweetheart. 🙂
Key Ingredients: Talc, Aluminium starch, octenylsuccinate, Nylon 6, Isostearyl, Neopentandate, Polybutene, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butyl Stearate, Ethyhexyl, Methoxycinnmate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cyclopentasiloxane, , Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (I thought I had left organic chemistry way behind :P)
May contain: Red7lake, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Titanium Dioxide, Mica
Note: I have not done much search on the ingredients. If you have any info about any harmful ingredient, do let me know. 🙂
Price: Rs 250 each for 6 gms of blush.
What are colorbar blushes?
They are pressed powder blushes.
Why should you buy colorbar blushes?
- Beautiful range of colours from pinks to browns to gold.
- Do not dry your cheeks at all. My skin gets pretty dry in winters but never ever have I felt any dryness caused by these blushes. In fact, my skin looks smoother and glowy with them on.
- Not very pigmented but are quite build-able.
- Look very natural.
- Give a gorgeous glow to your face.
- Convenient Packaging.
- Inbuilt mirror
- Comes with an okayish brush. In fact, I find the bristles pretty smooth. If you are travelling and you don’t want to carry an exta brush, this brush wouldn’t fail you. Nothing great about it but can’t say it is bad.
- Comes in a transparent cover packaging. So would would never have to waste time searching the colours.
- Decently priced
- The product lasts long enough
Why shouldn’t you buy Colorbar blushes?
- They do not stay on your cheeks for very long. Very disappointing in that area.
- They tend to break and turn into powder, if handled roughly. In fact, they can be quite messy at times. (Check Cosmic Rose blush photograph)
- No information given about the application of blushes.
- I am a little confused about their manufacturing- the trademark says “Colorbar USA“, Contents “Made in Italy”, “Manufactured in Thane”,” Marketed by a Colorbar, New Delhi”. Would someone explain the logic to me? Or should I feel highly privileged that I am using such a globally manufactured product? 😛
How do I apply Colorbar blushes?
Read here: How to make blush last longer
How to store Colorbar Blushes?
The blushes come in a square cardboard box. It is best that you store the containers in them only. This would prevent your blushes from breaking. I threw away the carton of Cosmic Rose and it broke and broke and churned itself into a messy powder. 🙁
Color by Color Report:
Colorbar has six shades and not five, as listed on their website.
- Cosmic Rose:This is where my love for Colorbar’s blushes started. It a light pink colour blush and would look very pretty on people who have a fair and pinkish complexion. Non glittery.
- Just Earth: I use it as my bronzer. I have a fairly fair complexion. This is a medium brown colour. Non glittery.
- Peachy Pink: This is my favourite colour these days. It gives a warm pink glow and I think it will look the prettiest on most Indian skin tones. It has a little bit of golden glitter. But when did I say I don’t like glitter? 🙂 Looks beautiful any time of the day. It is such a gorgeous colour. Oh My!
- Trace Gold: I bought this one by mistake. I was looking for a bronzer but the foolish sales girl convinced me that it works great as a bronzer. It is not a bronzer, girlies. It is a highlighter. Actually, I am happy that I ended up buying it. As the name suggests, it has no colour, only traces of gold. You can use it as a highlighter either on top of your normal blush or right above your cheeks to give a hint of highlight. It is best if you use this with the brush that comes along with it. This brush will give a better hold than the normal blush brush.
- Fuschia: I am yet to try this one. But I think fuschia would make a best blush for people who have wheatish complexion.
- Plum Brown: No tried this one as well. But again would work as a great bronzer for people with fair to wheatish complexion.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: 4/5
Will I buy Colorbar blushes again? Haven’t you guessed it by now how much I love them? Yes, yes and yes! 🙂
I have swatched 4 blushes that I own. You can click on the images and enlarge all of them for a closer view.
If you have any other query regarding colorbar blushes, feel free to ask me. I guess Colorbar should make me their brand ambassador. 😛
So gurlies, which blushes do you own and are closest to your heart?
Blush: How to Mix Blushes
Colorbar Triple Act Compact Review
Colorbar Makeup Brushes Review
Colorbar Full Finish Long Wear Lipstick Review
6 New Nail Paint Shades at Colorbar
Top 5 Must Have MAC Blushes
Basic Blush and Highlight Application Tips
MAC Coppertone Blush Review, FOTD