WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Bronze Review, Swatch, FOTD
Claims : The original Shimmer Brick Compact. This shimmering, brush-on powder creates a deep, bronzy glow. Works well with neutral and deep blush shades.
Beauty Bonus: Five bars of luminous colour work as individual eye shadows.
Application Tip: Sweep the Face Blender Brush through all five shades and dust lightly on cheekbones after Blush. Focus on applying shimmer on the top of cheekbones – where light naturally hits the face – for the most flattering look. To add a highlight to eyes, apply the lightest shade in the compact just under browbone with fingertips or the Eye Smudge Brush.
There are 5 shades in the Bronze brick : (from top) a champagne gold colour, peachy copper colour, metallic copper colour, golden bronze shade and a true bronze colour.
The Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is very fragile so you have to handle it with care.
What I love about Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick bronze :
- I took a long time to really understand about the usage of this product. It’s a super shimmery shimmer brick so every time I used to apply it, it used to either look OTT or the application used to be streaky. As I kept doing the trials and errors with the product I realized that the application looks the best when you layer up the product slowly. The powder is super soft so the brush naturally picks up a lot of product. I now tap off a lot of powder at the back of my hand , and apply little by little using a regular blush brush. The application turns out to be beautiful bronzy glow, the exact reason I picked it up for. For highlighting the cheeks I use a fluffy eyeshadow brush. You may check out my tutorial on highlighting HERE
- There are other shades available in the shimmer brick as well . I was also drooling over nectar shimmer brick but then I already have lots of pinks and corals in my collection so I let it go.
- The shimmer brick is very versatile. You can use it as a blush or highlighter and even as eyeshadows. I am not too fond of using it as an eyeshadow since I feel it’s way too shimmery for eyes. May be just a dot of shimmer only at the enter of my eye lid or in the inner corners but that’s about it.You can also use it just on top of your cupid’s bow or on the center of your lower lip.
- I have not come across a product that gives such a perfect bronzy glow to cheeks. This shimmer brick is neither dark not too soft. Just the exact shade of bronze I would like for my skin tone. I love that light tanned look for summers.
- A little goes along way. I think it’s going to last me many years.
- The colours in the pan never get mixed up. They stay neat and separate in their own compartments.
- It stays on all day long . The shine reduces a little as the day passes by but it doesn’t get patchy or streaky.
- You can use the 5 shades separately or all swiped together. When swiped together it comes and a peachy bronze shade.
What I don’t like about Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Bronze ?
- People who have large pores should either use a pore minimizer underneath or a primer. The shimmers might accentuate your pores.
- The powder is very fragile and soft. One fall and the product would shatter into pieces.
- The colours are very pigmented and combined with shimmer, your application can easily end up looking OTT.
- Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is one of the most dupe-able product so if you are buying the shimmer brick, buy it from the authentic dealers only.
- Not available in India.
Some of the popular Shimmer Brick Dupes available in India are Colorbar Shimmer brick and The Body Shop shimmer Waves. But if you can get old of the original, nothing like it. 🙂
And here I have applied the bottom two shades of the shimmer brick on the lower half of my cheeks and blended upwards with the lighter shades from the shimmer brick.
PS : I mostly use it as a highlighter or combine it softly with matte blush. This a heavy application just to show you how the shades look when applied on face.
Indian Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating : :-* :-* :-* + 0.5
Have you used Bobbi brown shimmer Brick Bronze? Please rate in the box below.
Also Read :
Estee Lauder Shimmer Powder Compact and Collectible Compacts
Shimmer Body lotion, Soufflé & Spray: Dove & Oriflame
Basic Blush and Highlight Application Tips
How to Highlight Your Face – Photo Tutorial
Revlon SkinLights Face Illuminator Review, Uses
Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Colour Review: Almond Blossom
Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm Review
Bobbi Brown Cabo Coral Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks Review, Swatch, FOTD