WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello Everyone. 🙂
Today, I will be reviewing my first ever purchase from The Body Shop, Lychee Blossom Body Mist. I had never bought anything from TBS and my first visit happened after Rati made an announcement about their end of season sale. After hearing all you ladies rave about their products, I went there the next day and tried on several perfumes and body mists. This was the one I finally purchased because it was mild, floral and sweet at the same time. 🙂
First, some gyaan about Lychee blossom. Most of us have eaten the Lychee fruit, but very few of us have seen its flowers. This is a Lychee flower that consists of many little florets:
Essential oil is extracted from these flowers just like it is extracted from others flowers. It takes about 10,000 such blossoms to produce 30 ml of pure essential oil!
The Body Shop Lychee Blossom Body Mist:
What The Body Shop Claims:
Spritz on freshness and a sparkling, energetic scent.
Alcohol denat 66%, aqua, parfum, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, linalool, citronellol, citral, geraniol, denatonium benzoate. (I’m sure most of these are French words, somebody please translate :D)
Rs. 223 (available at Rs. 545 without discount)
Quantity: 100 ml (3.3 US fl oz).
Place of Purchase:
The Body Shop outlet at Garuda Mall, Bangalore. This product is also available on their website, in case you can’t find a TBS outlet nearby.
Usage: Spritz all over after shower or bath. Layer with Lychee Blossom Body Lotion for a lingering fragrance.
My Experience with The Body Shop Lychee Blossom Body Mist:
It is a simple aerosol spray that dispenses very little of the product, a spritz, as TBS terms it. 😀
The top note of this scent is sweet, it almost smells like cupcakes. Hence, I decided to opt for body mist over eau de toilette as the latter lasts for 5-6 hours and I thought that would be too much sweetness to take. However, the mid and bottom notes are floral, a subtle fresh floral fragrance. I do not layer it with the Lychee Blossom range, but use it on my pulse points after shower, nape of the neck, wrists and behind the knees. You can even spray it on clothes and it lasts longer that way.
Pros of TBS Lychee Blossom Body Mist:
1) Very subtle floral fragrance, not overpowering at all.
2) Sweet smelling, although this might be a con for some people. The top note is similar to the perfume ‘Fantasy’ by Britney Spears, although not remotely as strong.
3) Suitable for all ages. My mom sometimes wears this to work.
4) Does not give a headache. I am very sensitive to fragrances, but this one won me over. On the first day of purchase, I sprayed some on before bedtime and left it overnight. The next morning, there was no sign of headache (although the fragrance had subsided).
5) Lasting power is about 3 hours (sometimes more) which is really good for a body mist. I had tried it on at the store and while coming back home, it rained really heavily and I got drenched. Despite that, there was a faint trace of this fragrance after 2-3 hours, felt good. 🙂
6) Finally the price. It was on 50% discount, so I got it for just Rs. 223. :jiggy1: Without the offer, it is Rs. 545, which is quite reasonable for the quantity.
Cons of TBS Lychee Blossom Body Mist:
1) Some people may not like the sweet fragrance.
2) Contains alcohol which may cause irritation on a few people. Stings when you apply on broken, freshly shaved/waxed or irritated skin.
Overall, this is a good body mist for everyday use. Please try it on before you buy as it is kind of an acquired taste.
Will I Purchase This Body Mist Again?
Well not sure. I’d like to try out other body mists that The Body Shop has to offer.
Image Source: 1
The Body Shop Aqua Lily Body Mist
Enchanteur Body Mist (Desire)
The Body Shop White Gardenia Body Mist
The Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Mist
Gap Grass Body Mist
The Body Shop Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Mist
The Body Shop Deep Sleep Dreamy Pillow Mist
Basic Instinct Sheer Mist by Victoria’s Secret
The Body Shop Lychee Blossom launches in India
Lush Vanilla Dee-lite vs The Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion
The Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Whip
The Body Shop Olive Body Butter