WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am a lover of TBS products specially shower gels and this time I thought of trying my hands on Body Butters too. I wanted a good “Non-Sticky”, “Non-Greasy” moisturizer which could make my Super DRY skin soft as winters were coming (in short I was looking for a miraculous product hehehe). SA at TBS asked about my skin type and suggested Shea Body butter which is meant for very dry skin only. They had Shea Whip body lotion too which looked more attractive to me as it had a pump applicator and I have always felt that lotions are easier to apply on body. On being asked the difference between the two she told me that Shea butter is more moisturizing than the lotion. I trusted her verdict and bought it.
That’s how the tub looks.
The Body Shop Shea Body Butter – 200ml for Rs 745
1. Shea butter – Moisturizes and helps soften the skin.
2. Cocoa butter – Is an excellent moisturizer that melts at body temperature, leaving the skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
3. Babassau oil – Moisturizes the skin.
Let’s see what TBS claims about the product:
Dry to very dry skin with up to 24 hours moisturation. Your skin gets the royal treatment with three additional Community Trade ingredients: cocoa butter from Ghana, Babassau oil from Brazil, and beeswax from Zambia.
What I liked about the product:
- It has lived up to my expectations. I have tested and tried couple of body lotions but they disappear after 3-4 hours and have to be reapplied. It’s very moisturizing and keeps skin hydrated whole day long.
- It gets absorbed in the skin in seconds & no greasy feeling after application. It works wonders for my super dry cracking skin and makes it supple.
- It smells great!!! And the smell lingers on almost whole day WOW …
4. It has natural ingredients only.
What I disliked:
- It comes in a Tub/jar so every time you have to stick your fingers in order to take out the products which may not be hygienic and gets into nails… ewww
- Found it a little expensive.
- I am afraid that in summer it will melt and become messy so have to finish it ASAP hehehe.
Will I repurchase it? Ohhh YESSSSSSSSSSS …. I will give it 4/5 …. This product rocks (For super-duper dry skin). I hope this review helped … Stay happy and keep shopping (that’s my mantra)…