Description from the website: Best if you want to: Leave skin feeling deeply cleansed and refreshed with an instantly cooling mask that helps remove impurities and absorb excess oil while soothing and calming blemish-prone skin.
How it works:
• Lemon tea tree and Community Trade tea tree oil from Kenya contain properties that help fight blemishes and prevent new ones from forming.
• Tamanu oil from Madagascar has a soothing effect and helps to calm irritation and redness.
• Menthol creates a cool fresh tingle that leaves skin feeling calm and refreshed.
Ingredient list: Water, Kaolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propanediol, Alcohol Denat., Caprylyl Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Limonene, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, t-Butyl Alcohol, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides.
My skin type: I have oily, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. Last year I developed a bout of acne which was painful and left some red scars on my face. With this mask, the idea was to remove scars and clean my skin of pimple forming bacteria.
Why Did I Buy The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask?: The primary ingrediant is tea tree oil which is supposed to be anti inflammatory and anti bacterial in nature. Neither are the rest of the ingredients mentioned on this box, nor are the directions for usage. That made me rather uneasy. Anyway, a friend recommended it and I bought it on the basis of the body shop brand name and to cool off my pimple problem. The product cost me Rs.445 which I feel is value for money given that this is the only mask I reach out to very often.
It’s a creamy green colored mask that goes on smoothly to the face, almost like a very thick cream. I would initially leave it for 40minutes since the duration was not mentioned on the tub. However, I now keep it only for 20 mintues as I read somewhere that facemasks should not be kept beyond that period.
My Experience with The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask The product is good. The tea tree oil in the mask works on the redness, inflammation and pimples. What I especially like about the product is that if I do spot treatment and only dab on a bit on an emerging pimple, it takes away the pain! It also discourages the pimple from coming out in full blow. After a while the pimple subsides on its own. Infact, I find that it works a lot better than body shop’s tea tree oil itself for spot treatment since it doesn’t sting as much and is rather soothing.
Packaging and Quantity: I love the tub packaging! I know some people find it unhygenic but I personally do not have any qualms using a tub. I just wash my hands, dip my fingers in the tub and good to go. I find that in tubes, a lot of product gets left in the tube itself since all of it is not squeezed out. The quantity is 110g/100ml/3.85oz. I bought it last year September and am still using it at least twice a month. A lot is left as you can see in the image. I must add however, that I use it mostly for spot treatments rather than a full on face mask. That may have something to do with the quantity proving outstandingly value for money.
Pros of The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask:
1. It is effective. Period. It reduces redness and inflammation. Great for emerging pimples.
2. It is smooth in texture and goes on agreeably to the face.
3. It cools the skin and soothes it.
4. It cleans the skin out nicely, drawing out any dirty oils and yet doesn’t leave the face feeling dry and stretchy.
Cons of The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask:
1. It doesn’t do much for scars. That is my biggest problem with the product.
2. It is not easy to come off. Doesn’t go away with water-splashing. Have to rub my skin a bit which I don’t like. Usually I wet a towel and wipe my face. That saves my face the irritation of the rubbing.
3. Harsh-sounding chemicals as ingredients
Would I buy it again? I think yes, if it is on sale and a better product hasn’t come out.
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
The Fab India TEA TREE Face Wash
Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel
Ayur Tea Tree Face Wash for Acne-Prone & Oily Skin
The Body Shop Seaweed Iconic Clay Mask
The Body Shop’s Warming Mineral Mask and Multani Mitti Face Pack
The Body Shop Vitamin C Peel Off Mask
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask